Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight Watchers
      #364014 - 03/18/11 11:45 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

Hi there,

Has anyone joined Weight Watchers and had any success adapting the EFI diet? I am on my first week eating according to the WW diet and was feeling OK until today.

Of course, I know that the WW diet challenges the EFI principles a bit (because it is high in dairy which I have been kind of avoiding), but I wanted to try it out as I think many of my IBS related issue are due to severe overeating. Also, eating many of the soluble fiber foods like the white breads, pastas were also constipating me.

Just wanted anyone's thoughts to see if you can make WW work if you have IBS. I was feeling hopeful until today when I had a horrible IBS attach after lunch.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Watchers new
      #364017 - 03/18/11 05:11 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

It can. You'll have to tweak it a bit, but it's totally do-able. I've been maintaining on it with IBS for about 6 years. Replace the dairy with fortified soy products (or whatever fortified milk sub. you tolerate) and you'll be fine on your dairy requirement.

What did you have for lunch?

Re: Weight Watchers new
      #364021 - 03/19/11 07:46 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I don't actually follow WW but I do cook a lot from this one recipe site that is for WW. There are a lot of good recipes and most of them can be adapted to be IBS friendly. Here's the site http://www.skinnytaste.com/. I hope you enjoy if you try it. I know I have.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1387 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1467

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review