All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
gassy! :(
      #363965 - 03/11/11 06:42 AM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

I'm doing much better since removing wheat from my diet but i go through periods where i'm VERY gassy. if it were helium, i'd be floating up on the ceiling. Some of it is the bloated feeling but more of it is just constantly passing gas. its also pared with burping which strikes me as odd.

I picked up some gas-x to see if it will help me pass the gas quicker but it certainly won't get to the root of the problem.

anyone else experience this? advice?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: gassy! :( new
      #363966 - 03/11/11 07:25 AM
Pryordog1

Reged: 02/06/11
Loc: Texas

Oh yeah! My first ever symptoms were burping bad. Then the horrible gas started. GI doctor told me it was a motility issue and IBS. I now eat as gluten free as possible. That helped a lot. Gas persisted. I have been taking a teaspoon of the tummy fiber for breakfast and dinner for a little over a month now. That has also helped a lot with the constipation and gas. I was a big yogurt eater with berries. Everyday. I eliminated that as well as most dairy. I use soy milk on my cereal. That has also helped with the gas. Thank goodness I have will power, because everything is so restrictive.

I have been working on my problems since 2005 and researching on my own. The burping is much better. I still have times when like you, I feel like a helium balloon, but it's not every day like it has been. Hope some of this helps.

--------------------
IBS-C
Suffering since 2005.

Re: gassy! :( new
      #363982 - 03/15/11 12:16 AM
Kitchentrolls

Reged: 12/06/07

For me, wholegrains was the culprit. I feel so much better without them!

cause found! new
      #363999 - 03/15/11 02:11 PM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

i found the cause of - oatmeal!

i was having a heaping bowl of oatmeal every morning. I'm on day one of going with out oatmeal and I'm feeling much better. This confirms a pattern. I'd always been better on the weekends when I'd have an omelet instead.

I'll go a week without oatmeal and ten i'll try slowly reincorporating it in smaller amounts and try different types.

Re: cause found! new
      #364008 - 03/16/11 06:41 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i can't do oatmeal either...i feel horrible afterwards..very bloated and so uncomfortable!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 516 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2510

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review