All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WATER
      #363606 - 02/23/11 01:23 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

Hi -

I had 3 kidney stone surgeries last year and ever since ive had to drink 80 ounces of water per day in order to prevent further stones......the last several months ive had a tremendous amount of gas......loud, forceful but not smelly.....do you think im drinking too much water? Ive isolated a few foods that seem to contribute...ie 1/2 apple...now have to take off skin......do you think cucumbers can also be cuprits? I just feel nauseous and unsettled in my tummy area all day which makes many days crappy......i find when ibs is under control im definitely not as anxious or depressed......so what comes first...anxiety or ibs......who knows....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WATER new
      #363627 - 02/24/11 10:21 AM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

guess no one else has this issue...oh well...

Re: WATER new
      #363648 - 02/25/11 05:04 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I've never had any trouble with water giving me gas. However cucumbers do that to me. As soon as I start eating any cucumber I immediately get really bad cramping, bloating and gas. It took me a couple times eating them on a sandwich to realize what was causing it. I quit eating them and that has happened because of cucumbers. Maybe try not eating them and see how you feel. Good luck!

not too much water new
      #363681 - 02/25/11 04:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

A lot of people complain about cucumbers.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review