All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Not tolerating well
      #363411 - 02/10/11 11:30 AM
Pryordog1

Reged: 02/06/11
Loc: Texas

I recently tried to introduce the little cups of Motts Applesauce (healthy harvest with no sugar), as a mid-day snack. I eat lunch and around 3 pm have tried to eat one cup. I just started on the tummy fiber, so I make sure I have some of that too. But, about 2 hours after eating the applesauce, I start to get a lot of gas. I've also tried fruit cups with any syrup, and I get the same result. Can I just not eat fruit? Thanks

--------------------
IBS-C
Suffering since 2005.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not tolerating well new
      #363414 - 02/11/11 04:01 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Many fruits like apples have excess fructose that may be causing you to be gassy. I get that too. Maybe try eating fruits without excess fructose and see if you still get gassy or maybe try eating half a cup of applesauce with white rice or something. I know that lemon,limes, kiwis, berries, oragnes, and grapefruits dont have the excess fructose like apples, peaches, pears...

#363416 - 02/11/11 09:42 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Have a look at the first article linked to in my signature. It has information about fruits that are triggers for about 50% of IBS suffers.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363425 - 02/11/11 04:25 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It isn't what you are eating and gas doesn't mean fructose intolerance! It is just common to get gas in the afternoon and evening. That is gassy IBS. You can take time to poo, walk around a lot, eat slower, standing up when eating, eat less at a time and drink fennel tea.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#363451 - 02/13/11 10:53 AM
Pryordog1

Reged: 02/06/11
Loc: Texas

Thanks everyone for your response and suggestions. I have laid off the applesauce and I am taking my tummy fiber and I have had the best 2 days that I ever had in several years. I hope it keeps going.

--------------------
IBS-C
Suffering since 2005.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2640

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review