All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spaghetti?
      #363384 - 02/09/11 04:57 AM
Amyece

Reged: 02/03/11

Has anyone found a spaghetti sauce that does not cause issues? DH LOVES spaghetti and we have it frequently. It does not seem to be a big trigger like fast food and soda. Do you think once a week or once every other week would be safe? I think just the fact of not having spaghetti might be enough to make him not want to try.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spaghetti? new
      #363386 - 02/09/11 06:25 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

There isn't a problem with eating spaghetti. I eat some sort of spaghetti sauce twice a week. I use homemade. On Heather's safe brand name food list she has Ragu light tomato and basil. You can try that. When I've bought sauce in the past I always tried to stay away from the ones with cheese or meat or cream sauces. I've used Classico brand tomato and basil. I don't have trouble with sauce. It's not a trigger for me. Maybe try to eat it in moderation if it does give you any trouble. I don't know if you've tried Heather's acacia fiber but you could always add some of that to the sauce to give some extra soluble fiber.

#363387 - 02/09/11 07:33 AM
Pryordog1

Reged: 02/06/11
Loc: Texas

I have a wheat intolerance also so that was adding to the problems. I loved Paul Newman's sauces, but my tummy did not. I eat DeBoles GF pastas with Bertolli Organic Tomato Basil sauce. I don't seem to have any problems with this combo. Of course, making my own sauce is the best, as I know exactly what goes in the mix.

--------------------
IBS-C
Suffering since 2005.

#363391 - 02/09/11 10:02 AM
jhuggs

Reged: 03/18/09
Loc: Erie, PA

If you like meat sauce use ground turkey breast instead of hamburger - with the sauce you can hardly tell the difference

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

#363396 - 02/09/11 01:50 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I can't do sauces big trigger there is a mock tomatoe sauce on here that I use. Its good my dh eats it to. Its made from beets and carrots I found if you use the "Named brand" veggies with these it will taste alot better. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#363398 - 02/09/11 03:35 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I make my own, that way I control all ingredients. But in a pinch, I will use a Bertoli brand. If you have issues with the sauce, just try a little sauce and alot of spaghetti. I don't have problems with either.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2096 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2643

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review