All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Worth the risk, if there is one?
      #363216 - 01/28/11 06:55 PM
NASCARAFN161

Reged: 01/09/11

Just a few minutes ago, I ate two Kit-Kat "fingers", half of a serving size. I believe I am able to tolerate milk chocolate products, but I waned to be safe, so I ate half a serving. But, I want to know if it's typically a good thing to switch to a snack (such as Kit-Kat) every once in a while. As long as it's said to be IBS-safe, it's something I want to eat most of the time.
Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Worth the risk, if there is one? new
      #363218 - 01/29/11 03:30 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

A little milk may or may not bother you right away but there is a good chance that if you eat those kind of things every day it may backfire. Plus kit kats are also high in fat. Not really the best choice unfortunately. Better off finding a chocolate product you like that uses cocoa instead of milk.

#363219 - 01/29/11 03:31 AM
Allisonmary

By the way, just wondering what foods do bother your stomach?

#363220 - 01/29/11 06:25 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

Chocolate typically isn't the best thing to eat. I personally can handle a small piece of chocolate every once in awhile. But if I eat even just a small amount daily it will give me problems. I won't have problems immediately it will usually show up the next morning and through out the day. It can take time to get myself back on track even after small amounts. I would be extremely careful eating chocolate even if it's not affecting you now it could be affecting you down the road. You really need to eliminate these trigger foods until you are able to get yourself stable and stick to safe foods and once you're stable you can then slowly start introducing some things back into your diet and you will be able to see what you can and can't tolerate. It is important to remember that just because you eat something and it doesn't bother you immediately it doesn't mean that you can tolerate it. Especially if you have not gotten yourself stable yet, it can be hard to tell.

#363221 - 01/29/11 08:43 AM
NASCARAFN161

Well, according to the food part of what sets my attacks off, I believe Burger King used to bother me, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, at some times chocolate, red meat (from one of my grandpa's homemade cheeseburgers; after eating it, I felt a burning sensation in my tummy, and then I had a massive attack.), and I think either the bacon and/or waffles I used to eat over the weekend.

#363222 - 01/29/11 08:43 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Stop eating the Kit Kats.

Definitely not Maria (aperson) new
      #363226 - 01/29/11 09:11 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

He is definitely not Maria (aperson). Their sentence structures and questions are quite different.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363227 - 01/29/11 09:14 AM
NASCARAFN161

No, no I assure you, I'm not the Maria you are talking about.
Hey, i'm sorry that I sometimes get complicating, I'm just in tough times right now; it's really hard to find someone to trust. The different people who talk go me about IBS have really different opinions, and constantly tell me to not believe the others. I'm sorry, I don't really think I'm the best when it comes to explaining things.

#363249 - 01/29/11 07:17 PM
Allisonmary

Seems like your biggest problem may be high fat foods. If I were you, I would just try to eat healthy (lean meat/fish, fruits, vegetables, healthy snacks and drinks (no HFCS) and see if your IBS goes away with that alone. Try not to eat products with a whole bunch of ingredients becuase generally they are not healthy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6331 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5219

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review