Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a question
      #363203 - 01/28/11 09:41 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

hi everyone,
i was recently married (october) and went through a time of intense stress. i since have started the hypnosis 100 program and was feeling better, then relapsed about two weeks ago and got really sick, went to break the cycle for about 3 days, added a little carrots to my rice and got super sick. then did break the cycle again. I am ibs A c predominate, with pain, gas, and almost constant nausea. yesterday I ate
bagel with tiney scrape of almond butter
rice chex dry
cream of rice cereal
sourdough bread
homeade pumpkin muffins (almost no fat, no dairy, no hfcs, no triggers)
fat free saltines.

by last night my tummy was rumbling and this morning I had a painful, nauseating bm with a very hard stool and alot of mucus. I am wondering if i did something wrong or if my body is getting used to food again after all the long cycles of break the cycle. i ate the pumpkin muffin with the cream of rice and have had them many times and found them safe. anyone have any ideas? it seems every time i add food back in I get sick and then scared off. if i keep eating the same, but more nutritious foods will my bm's eventually level off and I'll get used to food again?
thanks

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a question new
      #363215 - 01/28/11 05:19 PM
Followmyheart

Reged: 12/15/10
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi there,

I think you are right and your body is just getting used to food again. Don't be surprised if your body is acting out of sorts for a few more days. It takes a while for digestion to recover after an attack.

Also, did you have a virus or something, or was it all IBS related illness? I recently got over a bad cold and it turned my stomach for a loop after doing well for a month!

My only advice would be to add a small amount of exercise or yoga to the mix to try to get your digestion back on track.

I hope you're feeling better

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."~Flora Whittemore

#363239 - 01/29/11 01:43 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Could just be a bug.
Although I have found that rice products are iffy for me.Sometimes they are good and others NO WAY!

Stick to your safe foods and stick with the program.How far along are you?

I did the whole program and got things back to "normal"but last June things went to hell in a hand basket and I am still trying to stablize.

Hope you feel beter soon.
Christina

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#363242 - 01/29/11 03:43 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

thanks for the answers dragonfly, and followmyheart, I am on day 45 of the hypno, i will say this while I'm doing it and for an hour or so after every day i feel great! it's later in the day that I start feeling bad, and I excercise every day.
all the food i ate were my go to super safe foods, with the exception of the almond butter ( I tolerate it when my stomach is doing well) and the pumpkin muffin. I ate the muffins one other time, and though they did cause a bit of activity,I'm c, so any activity is painful and uncomfortable it seems, this time I got pretty bad off, i think I'll just go back to bannana muffins when things calm down they never bother me. but maybe pumpkin and I aren't freinds

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1323 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1705

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review