All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fruit suggestion
      #363105 - 01/24/11 03:12 PM
mavera

Reged: 12/28/10
Loc: The Netherlands

I've been eating nothing but banana for fruit the last weeks dieting (EFI & FODMAP). I would like to add some other fruit, but the ones in the FODMAP list, all seem not totally EFI-save..

For veggies, I'm eating carrots and courgettes (& mushrooms), ehhh? Other suggestions to try next?

Since I'm figuring out the oat, wheat, corn, rice, potatoe-carb food which work best for me, I would like to keep the rest as safe as possible.

The banana & veggies are beginning to bore and I'm a bit afraid I'm not getting all the vitamins I need this way (??)

--------------------
PI-IBS-C/A nausea & very bad gastric pain
meds: lansoprazol+macrogol
started EFI +FODMAPs 1/2011. 'Relapse' for 8 months. Now partly back on track again with the diet..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fruit suggestion new
      #363111 - 01/24/11 05:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

I've been eating nothing but banana for fruit the last weeks dieting (EFI & FODMAP). I would like to add some other fruit, but the ones in the FODMAP list, all seem not totally EFI-save..

For veggies, I'm eating carrots and courgettes (& mushrooms), ehhh? Other suggestions to try next?

Since I'm figuring out the oat, wheat, corn, rice, potatoe-carb food which work best for me, I would like to keep the rest as safe as possible.

The banana & veggies are beginning to bore and I'm a bit afraid I'm not getting all the vitamins I need this way (??)

Indeed, the FODMAP thing is really a whole other approach in itself. So I can't recommend anything.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#363113 - 01/25/11 03:57 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I have troubles with the insoluble fiber in berries and other FODMAP safe friuts. I make concentrated berry juice from frozen berries. I filter the juice through a jelly bag to remove the pulp. I use the juice in drink and cooking. Also, I buy pulp free orange and grapefruit juice. Also, from time to time I eat deseed kiwis. I try to drink 300 ml or so for orange and grapefruit juice and use 4-5 tablespoons of the berry juice a day to get benefit from the loads of vitamins and antioxidants they contain. It has worked for me quite well for a few years.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363126 - 01/25/11 02:06 PM
mavera

Reged: 12/28/10
Loc: The Netherlands

Thanks.
So you can take those 'ready-to-drink' fruitjuices at any time or just during meals? I'm not sure about the sour drinks for me, because I have much gastric problems.

I'm still not feeling any progress I guess.
I'm eating white bread again, and feeling just as usual (daily gastric pain and some nausea). When eating mostly oat, I get other symptoms (fullness/nausea/more constipated), which I don't have as much now...??

I'm now at 1,5 teaspoon of benefiber 3x daily. I think it's making my constipation worse, so I'm trying to drink even more..

I also think it may be some stress at the moment, we're preparing our house for sale

Pff, it's very hard! Mostly because I'm not really noticing any progress actually..

--------------------
PI-IBS-C/A nausea & very bad gastric pain
meds: lansoprazol+macrogol
started EFI +FODMAPs 1/2011. 'Relapse' for 8 months. Now partly back on track again with the diet..

#363129 - 01/25/11 02:43 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I can drink pure fresh pulp free orange or grapefruit juices almost any time if that is what you mean by 'ready-to-drink'. I cannot drink any juice that contains apple, pear, melon juice because of the excess fructose. I don't have upper GI tract problems such as reflux very often. So I am lucky

The stress of a selling a house could indeed stir things up a bit. Hopefully it will be over soon.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3387 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1768

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review