All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia questions
      #362550 - 12/17/10 08:27 AM
Lreser

Reged: 12/16/10
Loc: Ohio

For those Acacia didn't work for, what were your symptoms and how soon did you notice and stop using the product?

Thanks!

--------------------
Lisa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia questions new
      #362568 - 12/18/10 12:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

IMO those who say acacia isn't good for them say they can't take any SFS because it makes them gassy or bloated or whatever. BUT SFS like acacia is just like eating high fiber food as long as it is started at a small amount and upped gradually. Most people who have quit taking it rushed it too much or didn't end up taking enough.

For those with c who say acacia didn't do anything for them, they need to increase the dose (gradually), have lots of water and exercise with it and not shy away from eating IF too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#362575 - 12/18/10 03:30 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

I did answer this post but it seems to have disappeared somewhere????
I tried Acacia for 3 months, following instructions, ramping up gradually as directed and noticed no improvement over the brand I had been using previously. I had no negative side effects at all but no positive ones either and chose to return to my original brand.

--------------------
IBS-D

#362576 - 12/18/10 04:52 PM
Lreser

Reged: 12/16/10
Loc: Ohio

Thank you!!

--------------------
Lisa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 468 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1429

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review