All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New with question about Acacia
      #362540 - 12/16/10 04:35 PM
Lreser

Reged: 12/16/10
Loc: Ohio

I just started the Tummy Fiber this week and am noticing I have more gas and no relief yet from my IBS-d. I started with 1/2 tsp. (baking spoon) twice a day. I was using 2 tsp. (regular spoon) of Benefiber once a day. Is this normal? Should I increase my dose? If so, by how much?

Thanks! So happy to have found this board!!

Lisa

--------------------
Lisa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New with question about Acacia new
      #362546 - 12/17/10 04:37 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

The tummy fiber worked wonders for me. I went from taking 1 tablespoon twice a day of Citrucel (which caused me excess bloating and gas) to now taking 1 tablespoon twice a day of the tummy fiber. I would follow Heather's instructions on the container of the tummy fiber. She says to start out slow and gradually increase you dose until you reach a dose where you are stable. That's what I did. I increased the dose by 1/2 teaspoon every few days to a week to get to where I was stable. You need to give it time to work as you increase the dosage. Everyone is different and this doesn't work for everyone but it has really worked for me and others. Someone on this site recommended this to me and it's been great! So give it time and follow Heather's instructions because they do work. Good luck and I hope it works for you like it did me!

#362567 - 12/18/10 12:12 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Here is the information page on acacia.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#362573 - 12/18/10 03:17 PM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

are you eating less IF than SF at each meal though?

I never went for the whole thing of gradually increasing my SF supplement intake as I wanted to get my D under control before bothering about the bloating. I've been taking 2 teaspoonfuls of benefiber ever since the beginning. Apparently that's 3.5g of SF. Got rid of my D instantenously and I only ever had D one day which was a result of lactose.

For me IF is the worst offender. But other digestive stimulants like fat and caffeine and the rest play a role too I'm sure. But for me less so I think. I am eating very good fat only, but there have been times when I had soy milk on its own, only now realised that fat intake at that point was 50%, instead of the recommended 20-25%. I have eaten cakes, baked with the use of egg yolk, also forbidden, yet still not have D as a result. IF is much more problematic for me, but I'm guessing that varies and comes down to the individual.

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

#362577 - 12/18/10 05:00 PM
Lreser

Reged: 12/16/10
Loc: Ohio

I decided to decrease my dose to just 1/2 tsp. per day for now and already have less gas. I'm probably one of those that needs to start very slowly and increase slowly.

Thanks everyone!

--------------------
Lisa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1051 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review