All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need help- Had one of the worst attacks ever!!!!!
      #362319 - 12/01/10 11:37 AM
idomakeup

Reged: 07/15/10
Loc: Long Beach, CA.

Last wednesday I had one of the worst attacks I ever have had. I have been on the eating for IBS diet for about 2 years now. I was use to not hurting for the first time in my life. But last week it was either the graham crackers or I did have a new recipe I tried with a little coconut in it.
I was in so much pain my blood sugar was over 150 which is high for me. I had all the symptoms plus some extra things. I am now eating so little my blood sugar is low most of the time. I have to say I am scared. Where do I go from here? Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need help- Had one of the worst attacks ever!!!!! new
      #362320 - 12/01/10 11:50 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Did you check the ingredients in the graham crackers? What were they? Was the coconut shredded coconut or coconut milk?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#362336 - 12/02/10 08:31 AM
idomakeup

Reged: 07/15/10
Loc: Long Beach, CA.

The graham crackers were what I normally buy except they were less fat. The coconut was shredded and was not low sugar. The attack lasted for 12 hours and then eating was imposible for days.

#362337 - 12/02/10 08:55 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

The sugar content in the coconut probably is not a problem. However shredded coconut is high fat and mostly insoluble fiber. If you check the cheat sheet you will see coconut is on the trigger list. You might check the ingredients of the low fat graham crackers. Sometimes they contain high fructose corn syrup.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#362344 - 12/02/10 08:00 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

If you don't eat your gut will react as it did no matter what you put in it! You have to give it something to do by eating very digestible SF foods, grazing style to get some SF in you! There are a lot of triggers besides the food you eat. I have said many times that I could eat the same diet every day and only sometimes have issues. Some days would be good and others terrible. There is more to it than food and your gut is reacting to not having any food.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1833

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review