All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
birth control pill test
      #362218 - 11/26/10 08:41 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

A friend of mine has been in extremely poor health for a few years, in and out of hospitals and had various parts removed and so on. She finally went off her birth control pills and her symptoms completely cleared up. She wrote to all the doctors who had misdiagnosed her and done surgeries for no reason.
So I got to thinking that I would go off them and see if my IBS symptoms and general malaise would improve. I stopped taking them about 2 weeks ago. 1 week ago my symptoms improved dramtically! I haven't had any real issues with bloating, tiredness and feeling yucky for a week. (ate too much fat Wednesday night after a bad day and got some light D though). It is almost too good to be true and I don't know which way I really want this test to go since I absolutely do not want children, I am afraid to use other birth control. I haven't even told my husband about it yet because I wanted to see for sure what the results will be. He has been remarking about how good I have felt all week! So I will add to this in another week and see what happens. I just couldn't keep it to myself any longer.
BTW My IBS symptoms and BC pill started around the same time. I had a few episodes of D in my youth and relentless C but I figured the D was food poisoning back then, until I got so bad with bloating and pain, etc after I got married.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

a wah new
      #362296 - 11/30/10 05:17 PM
Little Minnie

I was doing so excellent for over a week I almost didn't think about the test not working. Then Wed I had a bad day and ate too much fat in the evening (mostly chocolate) and got D. Sat night I accidentally put too much fat in my DF ice cream I made and got D real bad. Then yesterday had horrendous bloating in the afternoon and today got D in the middle of lifting weights. Now I am in pain and feeling nasty and wanting nothing to touch my gut. I am bummed the test has gone this way now but on the other hand I am glad I can go back on birth control that was working since I am very afraid of ever getting pregnant.
I am going to ride out the rest of the month to make sure I can tell the pill wasn't bothering me.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: a wah new
      #362353 - 12/03/10 08:25 AM
Little Minnie

Now I have come to the assumption that it was all my believing that stopping birth control would make me better that made me feel good for those days. What a bummer. I am back to the general malaise thing with icky, achy stuff and poopiness, bloating and fatigue. I have to get myself looked at. The symptoms I have are a little above IBS since the general malaise, achiness, faitgue, headache, nausea and so on are not IBS symptoms. Doctors just want to give anit-depressants even though I am not depressed. I wonder about a Chinese traditional doctor but want it covered by insurance. I don't just want pills thrown at me!

--------------------

#362355 - 12/03/10 09:25 AM
jhuggs

Reged: 03/18/09
Loc: Erie, PA

I was hoping that stopping the BC would work for you. I'm sorry it didn't. Maybe you should call Dr...you may be coming down with something

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

#362359 - 12/03/10 01:10 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Have you thought about either vitamin d deficiency or chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

I am experiencing numerous symptoms,headaches,achy body parts,fatigue,feeling unwell many days,my brain has turned to mush and I cannot concentrate,my thoughts sorta wander some days and my anxiety/panic attacks have flared,my IBS isn't an issue right now...oh and my sex drive is caput.

I did some research on chronic fatigue and it hits all those issues,also stating IBS is factor.

I also googled vitamin deficiency and it could be contributing factor.

No I am not depressed..been depressed know this is something different.

Just a thought.

Chris.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: birth control pill test new
      #362360 - 12/03/10 01:14 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I noticed my symptoms went away when I was pregnant.I tried going ON bc to see if we could recreate the same environment(so to speak) but it didn't work and I am NOT having more kids just to remain symptom free.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: a wah/ food for thought new
      #362365 - 12/03/10 08:56 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

Quote:

Now I have come to the assumption that it was all my believing that stopping birth control would make me better that made me feel good for those days.

Wow. Wow. Wow.
That alone is such an interesting thing to me, and full of potential, if you are right about it. !! If your believing something like that made you feel better for even an hour, I would be impressed by the potential - and you say you felt better for a couple of days? Ooooh, I see some power there. Do you see what I mean? That is how my daughter is, too, BTW - a powerhouse. I can't help but notice the similarity. (Ever give the hypnotherapy program a shot? . . . )
Well, any way, I hope you feel better very soon!
kem (daughter w/ibs-d dx)

#362393 - 12/07/10 12:18 PM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

I think sometimes just having a "new" idea to try will make us feel better. I know that works for me. I can get so frustrated and down in the dumps when I don't feel good and then I will come up with an idea I haven't tried and suddenly I start feeling better....for a while...

I have gone to a Chinese medical professional and tried both acupuncture and some Chinese herbs....as I look back I don't know that it did help alot but, again at the time it seemed to!

I agree with you about regular doctors though always wanting to give anti depressants....I had my dr.do that back when I was 28 and now at 55 they still push the drugs!

This is such a frustrating thing to live with and I feel your frustration in your posts...I hope you are feeling a little better today

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

#362418 - 12/09/10 04:29 PM
Little Minnie

I talked with a chinese doctor today and will try to work out insurance coverage in the next week and hopefully can try it. It is one hour away so I hope it works and insurance will help. I really liked the doctor. My fatigue and general malaise thing I get with my IBS has gotten so much worse I think I am down 50% of the time now.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2963 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2996

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review