All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What a wonderful and interesting resource for IBS sufferers!
      #362100 - 11/18/10 01:01 PM
jrs1972

Reged: 11/18/10

I wish I had found a resource like this before spending 20 years in various cycles of pain and misery accompanied by regularly useless physician visits and nearly useless medications.

Although my experience is different - virtually none of the trigger foods actually seem to trigger an episode in my case whereas insoluble fiber will produce immanently dire results - I have already had success with Heather's advice on starting meals with soluble fiber carbs.

I could eat a greasy hamburger and french fries chased by a couple of beers and have no worries in the world (other than the general health issues of eating that way.) But dare I have a fruit salad or a vegetable dish, especially while under any sort of day to day stress, and I was all but guaranteed to spend the next day in bed waiting out the intensely painful spasms and then 3 or 4 more days with an achy bloated tummy.

I still have attacks regularly, every several weeks, but if I do fairly well with the carbs first rule, they are much less intense and often reduced to an inconvenience rather than a debilitating attack.

Thanks so much for taking the time to gather this information together!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What a wonderful and interesting resource for IBS sufferers! new
      #362131 - 11/20/10 05:16 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I am just like that! I can eat mcdonalds hamburgers, pizza, ice cream and all kinds of "trigger foods" and I feel like a million bucks. Give me a salad and some blueberries and I am begging to die. It's actually been psychologically very devastating for me as I used to be a health nut and in beautiful physical shape. Now it's a punishment to eat healthy and I only feel good when I eat badly, but that carries so many other health issues, like weight gain and fatigue. My battle with IBS is the battle to eat anything healthy for me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1028 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 956

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review