All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte
      #361228 - 10/03/10 03:49 PM
jer

Reged: 09/19/10
Loc: San Fernando Valley, California

Has anyone tried the Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte with soy milk and no whipping cream? Is it possible to have one of these without complications?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte new
      #361236 - 10/03/10 07:35 PM
seattleite

Reged: 01/07/10
Loc: Seattle

i miss the days i could drink this!
soy milk gives me problems and starbucks doesn't offer rice milk like some other coffee shops here in seattle. but also theres a shot of espresso in the drink so it depends how your tummy deals with coffee (technically an IBS no-no).
If you do ok with soy milk i would recommend a soy chai...less caffeine and still tastes yummy.

--------------------
IBS-D since 2008, female in her 20s

#361243 - 10/04/10 06:44 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

i haven't had it but damn that sounds good i would follow the recommendation to get a chai instead though. coffee is a no-no on the EFI diet. i find that sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't--but it's just too unpredictable to take the risk most of the time!

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#361249 - 10/04/10 09:14 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I have never had problems with the soy chais at Starbucks. The pumpkin is OK too for me. But some are senstive to soy so you'll have to try it I guess. Coffee is a GI irritant no matter how you look at it! Sad but true.
Sandy

#361253 - 10/04/10 10:16 AM
Narcissa

Reged: 09/18/10

Also something to keep in mind is that the syrup they use for the PSL has dairy in it, albeit probably fairly small, but might make a difference depending on how sensitive you are. I very rarely will have these as a treat (with soy milk - although I wish they had unsweetened at Starbucks ) and am ok with it.... though I do know I should give up on coffee altogether if I really want to solve things. I'm still in the work of switching over to this diet, am kind of new to it all, so it's a slow process I guess :S

#361270 - 10/04/10 05:49 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

if you can handle the soy what about ordering steamed soy milk with a shot of the pumpking spice syrup, although I would ask to see the ingrediants in the syrup, I worked there for a while and I don't remember this syrup being safe.

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#361272 - 10/04/10 06:09 PM
jer

Thank you for your help. The pumpkin spice lattte sounds so yummy, but I now know that I should stay away from it. I am doing so well on the diet. I don't want to have any problems.

#361273 - 10/04/10 06:11 PM
jer

Yes, I too miss the days. I believe I should be good and not try it. I am doing so well on the diet. That you for your help.

#361274 - 10/04/10 06:13 PM
jer

Yes, it is very good. I haven't had one in about 2 yrs. I dream of one. Ha! Thank you for your help. I must be good and not try it.

#361275 - 10/04/10 06:15 PM
jer

Thank you for your help. I am convinced that I should be good and not try one. I don't want to be sick. I am doing too well on the diet.

#361276 - 10/04/10 06:18 PM
jer

Thanks for your help. Good luck on the diet. The diet has changed my life. I dream of a pumpkin spice latte, but am convinced that I should not try one. I am doing so well and I don't want to be sick.

#361277 - 10/04/10 06:46 PM
Narcissa

Reged: 09/18/10

well congrats, and yah, maybe try your best not to cave. One thing I have found to be a great alternative to coffee/caffeinated teas is rooibos teas, they tend to taste more like black tea but without the irritating caffeine, you can also get a number of varieties, many of which are spiced even, so you might be able to find something out there that tastes similar to the PSL, which is really a mix of their vanilla syrup and another one. So maybe find a vanilla flavoured rooibos tea, add some spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and experiment with that!

#361285 - 10/05/10 05:43 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

not related to the latte, but i just noticed that you are in the valley!! that is where i grew up...woodland hills! small world huh

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2188 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review