All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
CONFUSED
      #360906 - 09/13/10 07:21 AM
SHERRYB

Reged: 05/18/10

I may be on the wrong site but I have IBS C and and currently on Prozac, but am so tired all the time and have no energy to do anything. I am thinking its the Prozac and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with any natural antideppresants. When I tried to be off of them I got very irritable. Couldn't even stand myself!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CONFUSED new
      #360908 - 09/13/10 12:11 PM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

hi, i don't know that it could function as an antidepressant, but i am extremely anxious and i find that CALMS FORTE by hylands (homeopathic) tablets help calm me down, and help with irritability as well. you can find them at a health food store. also, have you looked into the IBS hypnosis? i am halfway thru and it has helped me tremendously...totally worth the money!

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#360910 - 09/13/10 12:17 PM
SHERRYB

Reged: 05/18/10

No I have not thought about it but I think I may check into it. And also I will try those tablets. Thank you so much.
I really appreciate it.

do call your doctor ... new
      #360918 - 09/13/10 08:34 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

before you add anything to, or stop taking Prozac.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#360921 - 09/14/10 01:04 AM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

I was on Zoloft for a while, there are negative side-effects in the beginning but after that if your dose is right there should be no problems. Do talk to your doctor, and also be aware of the fact that you can't just stop anti-depressants from one day and that's it. You have to come off it slowly.

I am no longer on Zoloft and never want to be again. The cell salts I have often advocated are a godsend, especially Kalium-Phosphoricum helps tremendously with both my IBS-C and my depression/OCD symptoms. Highly recommend it.

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review