All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
carbs and weight gain
      #360808 - 09/07/10 09:51 AM
gas_tank

Reged: 08/25/10
Loc: Michigan

I am new to this but not new to IBS-C. I have been struggling with this for over 20 years and nothing made since till I found this web-site. After reading through both books for IBS I became concerned in all the carbs that I will need to eat. I have tried to watch my carb intake so I can maintain my weight, but with low blood sugar issues I also have to eat carbs. My biggest struggle is with the afternoon snack. I like to work out when I get home so if I don't eat enough for a snack, then I am really hungry and don't want to work out. Eat the wrong snack and then I am bloated and tooting along during my aerobics (which is ok if you're in beat with the music). Any menu ideas on how I can maintain my weight, control my IBS without dropping my sugar?

--------------------
IBS-C 20+yrs with gas, bloating, knife sharpening pains during an attack

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: carbs and weight gain new
      #360821 - 09/08/10 04:28 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Combine some protein with your soluble fiber snack. Like sliced turkey and crackers. Or hummus and pita. Or whatever you like.

--------------------
IBS-C

#360825 - 09/08/10 07:09 AM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

Pre-IBS I used to eat a lot of protein and fruit and vegetables and very little carbs like rice, potatoes or white bread. I was terrified that Heather's Diet would make me gain weight.
BUT if you do not overeat you will not gain weight. And you can still sometimes eat just veggies and lean meat, like boiled carrots and lean meat don't do me harm for instance. Eating carbs in the morning makes you put on less weight than during the afternoon evening by the way.

I too have constant struggles with brain fog and energy levels etc. Again, appears to me that I have become a real spokesperson for these tissue cell salts, Kalium-Phosphoricum is especially good for giving you a boost in energy levels.

If you're looking for a more natural, non-medical (even if alternative medical) solution: bananas. They are a godsend. For everything.

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

#360831 - 09/08/10 08:53 AM
gas_tank

I will try adding the protein for the afternoon snack. I know I can't handle it in the am, I start getting shacky even it I have SF carbs with it.

Thanks

--------------------

#360832 - 09/08/10 09:02 AM
gas_tank

Before I found this diet I was 3 or 4 grain(bread, rice) carbs, 2 fruit & 1 milk per day. Now since milk is gone I am up to 5 grain (bread, rice, potato)1 or 2 fruit and my sugar is not dropping as often. My weekends are not a problem with anything, just during the week.

thanks

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2036

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review