Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
fullness please help!
      #360347 - 08/16/10 04:03 AM
Donna281

Reged: 08/16/10

Hi

I'm new.
I have very bad IBS constipation. I have really bad trapped gas and bloat 24 /7 . I can barely eat and have been losing weight and now I'm underweight. I eat tiny 5 meals a day which I have to force myself to do. It's worse since I can hardly go number two since I can barely eat. I've tried fennel mint ginger tea, eating fennel and ginger, yoga, walking, drinking water, avoid my triggers like coffee, fake sugar, high fat stuff, eggs, dairy, meat, carbonated anything, etc. the list goes on, meds for constipation ( over the counter and prescription, beano, plant digestive enzymes ( this made my gas worse), fiber supplements, apple cider vinegar (n this helped my go to the bathroom for a week and then it stopped), sea salt, magnesium, probiotics. This is killing me.

I was thinking of trying pancreatin digestive enzymes. Anyone have any luck with those? Dotors haven't been helping me and they makes me cry.

Thanks in advance.I appreciate it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fullness please help! new
      #360348 - 08/16/10 05:11 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

WHat are you eating? Maybe you are eating too much insoluble fiber? I dont know how good it is to eat ginger and fennel just because its all insolube fiber?
What about massage/reflexology/acupuncture/ or herbs? THey are all good to treat constipation. Ive heard alot of people who had great results and had to go to the bathroom almost immediately after getting off the table! Its worth a try anyways.
Hope you get betteR soon!

Edited by Allisonmary (08/16/10 05:16 AM)

#360349 - 08/16/10 05:37 AM
Donna281

I can't go for accupuncture since I have to pee every 20 minutes. I went once for accupuncture and my bladder almost exploded. I got a massage as well after the accupuncture which didn't help.
I don't eat a lot of fennel or ginger. I need insoluble fiber or else no waste would come out at allsine I don't have d and dind if I eat mainly soluble I get worse. I do also eat some soluble fiber though.
I've tried many herbs cumin, dill, oregano, mint, fennel, ginger, cat nip, anise, caraway,basil,valerian,cats claw etc.
Thank you kindly.

#360350 - 08/16/10 07:13 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Well, acupucture can also help you so that you dont have to pee every twenty minutes. It also helps with things like incontinence and if you tell the acupuncturist that they should be able to accomadate to you. Also, there are better herbs for constipation (much stronger effects) then the ones you tried. An herbalist can make you a formula to take as a tea. That may help. They made me a formula once which was too strong for me or something, I was going all day long! SOmetimes insolubles can also cause constipation not just diarrhea. Are you following the soluble before insoluble rule?

#360360 - 08/16/10 01:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

You're right that if you don't eat you can't poop. Also if you eat completely FF that makes C worse. It sounds like you have a really bad case of chronic C. I hope you can get some relief.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#361072 - 09/24/10 04:00 AM
Donna281

I having been following Eating For IBS for years but it won't help me. I'm not the only one that it doesn't help. I started eating way more insoluble fiber than soluble and then finally started going to the bathroom by eating salads. Now I'm underweight and have to eat less veggies since I can barely eat from severe gas and veggies are way to low in calories. I weigh 83 pounds. I have severe yeast overgrowth. I started taking Natural Factors clon enzymes and have been going to the loo off and on no change in bloat/gas though.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2186

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review