All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bloat and gas after bowel movement
      #360172 - 08/09/10 12:08 PM
minks

Reged: 08/08/10
Loc: Newport Beach, CA

After I go the the bathroom in the morning. I just fill up with gas. It doesn't matter what I eat. It eventually goes down but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this and if so, any ideas? I have some fennel tea waiting for me right now. Thanks

--------------------
IBS-C Started out of the blue end of May 2010. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and GI problems are pretty common with that. I've been fairly lucky up til now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloat and gas after bowel movement new
      #360184 - 08/09/10 05:29 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have had that before. My guess is that it has to do with the spasms in the digestive tract being so irregular. Then you get gas pockets and twisty areas. My recommendation would be yes, lots of fennel tea, but also the pep caps to calm the spasms and a soluble fiber supplement to help the colon grip and work more properly. I think that would help a lot.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#360195 - 08/09/10 07:16 PM
minks

Thanks. I'm taking 1 tsp of acacia fiber 2x/day and will raise that this weekend. I looked at peppermint caps too so those are on my "get" list.

What is so frustrating is one day you eat something, like blueberries and you're fine. The next day it's like someone pumped air into my intestines.

I'm 58 and this all hit me out of the blue in May! wow.

--------------------
IBS-C Started out of the blue end of May 2010. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and GI problems are pretty common with that. I've been fairly lucky up til now.

#360208 - 08/10/10 06:16 AM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I think this is actually very common for a lot of us, and I don't know that there is any one thing that works....it seems to me that it's just the gas trapped behind the poop that moves it's way on down the line when the poop moves. One irritant on top of another. But just to let you know, yes I think it's normal for "us" it happens to a lot of people.

#360210 - 08/10/10 09:26 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

I get this too. I find one of the few things that helps is a lot of walking.

I came down with IBS at age 57 (I am now 67). Usually people come down with IBS at much younger ages.

I am grateful that my younger years were IBS free.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

#360243 - 08/11/10 12:23 PM
minks

What a relief. I'm 58 and things went haywire for me in May this year. What's with that?

Things are complicated for me because I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Some days I can barely get out of bed so even walking is a challenge.

Cooking is going to be difficult too. Once I get more familiar I'll be ok but right now I'm struggling.

Glad I found this place.

--------------------

#360244 - 08/11/10 12:24 PM
minks

Thanks. it's so hard to figure out what is what and then what to do about it. This is going to be quite the challenge.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2841 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12580

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review