All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
on the bright side
      #359849 - 07/20/10 11:23 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

You have all been encouraging in answering my q's and it seems appropriate to share a little cautious happiness. Maybe it wouldn't sound like much to some folks, but you guys will know this is something.
So, my 12 yr old was in a disastrous IBS state about 6 weeks ago - I believe the technical term is "Hell." Just think of the worst you've ever heard or experienced and that's where she was. Get this: She's been positively thrilled to be attending day camp this week. ! OK, so she's bringing her own food and it's STILL pathetically close to bread and water, and that is horrible for her and worrisome for me, and it's been no picnic and it's still no picnic, BUT . . . it's a bit of a miracle that she's out there and smiling and doing her thing. So, smile when you read this, folks, and raise a glass of mint tea w/us!
kem (daughter w/ibs-d)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: on the bright side new
      #359851 - 07/21/10 04:34 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

That's great!

#359855 - 07/21/10 05:14 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

That is fantastic!!Hopefully this will help her turn around and get better.
I sure hope things do.
Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#359864 - 07/21/10 08:50 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Kem,

This is very exciting news! I know you must be so happy that she is able to go to camp and have fun.

--------------------
Janey

#359874 - 07/21/10 02:31 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

What a wonderfully heartwarming story...thanks.
And this from a 12 year old!

--------------------
IBS-D

#359896 - 07/22/10 12:51 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

This is great - every little step forward is cause for joy!
Though as I mentioned in our conversation, we dont always know what are the causes (if anything) for the setbacks as well as the steps forward, it is so good to know when there is movement in the right direction. One of the subtle effects of both the adult's and the children's hypnotherapy program is improved outlook, even in the face of continued symptoms - though this is great news no matter what the "cause" - as I know you are doing many things to get your little gal better! But I had to comment as this usually is the way the first manifestations of improvement come about!

Having spent a good deal of my days on crackers, bread and water - as I mentioned - I can well relate to your daughter's life - so yay - let's raise a glass of tea for sure! Hope it continues - and know that sometimes this journey is a jagged line - days better, days not so, and days better again -so do not be discouraged by little set backs - the good days get more and more closer together as the program continues - you'll see - it will happen -this is a great sign!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review