All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: sensitivity question new
      #359669 - 07/10/10 03:52 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yeah, I have a quirky sense of humor, and do like a good joke and to laugh, but more often than not, I am on the serious side. I do need to lighten myself up quite often.

The funny thing is, you would think with that seriousness and rigidity in style that I would plan, plan, plan. But I am as spontaneous and impulsive as the day is long. I very seldom plan, I just go. Makes no sense to me.

Glad to hear you are doing the hypno. It helped me so much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sensitivity question *DELETED* new
      #359670 - 07/10/10 03:58 PM
rfwilmot

Reged: 06/26/10

Post deleted by rfwilmot

#359671 - 07/10/10 04:03 PM
Gerikat

I just don't know. lol

#359672 - 07/10/10 04:57 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am right there with ya'll as far as being sensative. I can't stand to wear shoes that I can't slip off easily, no tags or itchy clothes, no tight waist bands, I am very picky about panties and they have to have a very soft trim, and I am really picky about my pillow. I am constantly buying new pillows looking for the perfect one. I also have to have extremely soft sheets and blankets or I feel like I can't sleep.

I can't stand to be in crowds for too long or be around someone who talks non-stop. I feel like it is sensory overload. I do love my down time to regroup. I also can't stand when people invaid my personal space.

I am not very artsy but I do feel sensative to my surroundings and notice things that many others don't.

I honestly feel so weird sometimes. My husband is wonderful to put up with all of my little quirks plus my IBS issues.

--------------------
Janey

#359674 - 07/10/10 05:07 PM
Gerikat

Oh Janey, I forgot about some of this until you mentioned it. People who are talkers, just exhaust me. I mean as in total exhaustion. I cannot wait to get away from them. I prefer peace and quiet most of the time. There is way too much noise in the world.

I too have the pillow/sheet thing. I have the hardest time sleeping anywhere but on my sheets with my pillow. The sheets are just too scratchy. When I go away, which I just did, I take my pillow and comforter, and my fan for white noise. I envy people who can just lay their head anywhere and sleep. I just can't do it.

I have always felt like I did not fit in. I too notice much that others do not. I am very intuitive and hypersensitive to people. I have been known to never seek out a person again, just based upon the first meeting.

Don't feel weird. There are others.

#359677 - 07/10/10 05:29 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Geri, I just went away and took my pillow. I suffer from migraines and if my pillow is too hard it will give me a headache. It is good to know that others feel the same way about things that I do. Maybe I am not as weird as I thought,

The talking thing wears me out too. I don't mind a give and take conversation but someone who just talks and never listens is too much. There is nothing I love more than to be in my own home.

I do have this weird thing with wearing boots. I have always said my feet are claustraphobic because I have to be able to take my shoes off when I sit.

--------------------
Janey

#359679 - 07/10/10 07:16 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

we are introverts...

#359680 - 07/10/10 07:53 PM
kem

Reged: 06/09/10

Thanks for all the input, Rachel. We're definitely trying to keep focused on positive things as much as possible!
kem (daughter w/ibs-d)

#359681 - 07/11/10 12:20 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I haven't posted on this board in quite a while because the environment became so negative, but occasionally I will check the forums in hopes of learning something new. I'm glad I found this thread!

Like those of you who posted, I am also extremely sensitive in all aspects of my life. I am an artist who notices little details others don't. I am extremely self-critical and hypersensitive to being judged by others. I pick up on others moods; I blame myself when people don't call me back or respond to my emails. I take to heart every bad thing that happens in my personal life or in the lives of people I care about. I have to dress for comfort - I hate clothes that are too tight, not just on my waistband, but even tightness around my legs in the form of stalkings or jeans. I've completely given up underwire bras for soft, light sports bras. I won't wear any shoes with a heel and I can't stand it when my hair touches my face.

I am also sensitive to fluctuations in temperature. I wear long pants and sleeves in the summer, tending toward the cold side, but I overheat quickly and feel terrible when I do. Changes in my blood sugar affect my mood and physical well being dramatically. I have perpetual knots in my neck and shoulders that cause frequent tension headaches.

I hate being in large crowds because I get overwhelmed easily, and I absolutely HAVE to have daily alone time. If I don't, I completely unravel.

So yeah, you could say I am sensitive. And I am absolutely sure that my IBS is related to all this.

A few things have helped me cope with my overall sensitivity. One is taking daily magnesium at bedtime. Another is acupuncture. And finally, therapy has helped me develop strategies to deal with my emotional sensitivity.

I am interested to know what percentage of IBSers fit into this type of profile and what that says about the cause of IBS.

#359682 - 07/11/10 04:43 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I am overly sensitive (emotionally especially) as well. All my friends are always telling me "stop being so sensitive!" I take everything to heart. I am sure this is related to my IBS. Sometimes my sensitivity makes me feel guilty about things I can't control and I think this is also related to my IBS. Im also very sensitive with clothes too, if I am not comfortable, sometimes I get a stomachache from that alone. Im also the same with crowds and especially loud noises! I can't stand noise. Makes me anxious.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review