All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Meat eater!
      #359529 - 06/29/10 01:39 PM
shawna22

Reged: 06/14/10

I have always always loved my red meat. Now I can not eat it all. I'm very frustrated with this sudden diet change and I am not adjusting well. Any suggestions to help me ease into and accept this new diet?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shawna new
      #359533 - 06/29/10 04:29 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

You have posted this entry on the wrong board. Please read Heather's intro about what this board is all about. Please post your question on the Eating board, where you can get the help you need. I will have to bring this post to Heather's attention.

Re: Meat eater! new
      #359536 - 06/29/10 06:00 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Why not watch videos of beef cattle being slaughtered? That might get you off red meat easier. It worked for me. Seriously.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Meat eater! new
      #359540 - 06/29/10 07:48 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Have you tried ground turkey? It doesn't taste like beef to me, but you can do the same types of things with it as ground beef.

Personally, I don't miss beef very often at all because the last time I had much of it, I had the mother of all IBS attacks.

Re: Shawna new
      #359570 - 07/01/10 09:02 AM
shawna22

Reged: 06/14/10

I posted this in hopes of getting some suggestions for starting a vegetarian diet. The message board was titled "go veggie". If I posted to the wrong board I am sorry. And I am sorry if I offeneded anyone. It was not my intention. You could have sent a private message rather than posting where everyone could read your negative post. I'm having difficulty navigating through this website as it is a bit confusing but no matter. I won't be posting any more messages because of your lack of concern to help me out and more concerned about reporting a simple mistake to Heather. I thought this was a website for me to find help in dealing with an eating lifestyle change and to be able to talk to others who suffer with this painful condition. But I can see that it is not. I was extremely excited to have found this website to finally have found supoort and help! Again, I'm sorry to offend anyone and I will find help elsewhere!

Please stick around on the board new
      #359571 - 07/01/10 09:31 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Hi Shawna & welcome to the board,

I sort of figured you were looking for veggie suggestion. Too bad there was a misinterpretation and someone jump to the wrong conclusion. Perhaps you could post your message again on the 'go veggie' board and make the message a bit clearer. You may get some interesting responses.

Please stick around - you will get some good support on these boards.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Please stick around on the board *DELETED* new
      #359574 - 07/01/10 11:16 AM
rfwilmot

Reged: 06/26/10

Post deleted by rfwilmot

#359576 - 07/01/10 02:25 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

When you put in the subject line of your post Meat Eater with an exclamation point, on a Veggie board, that sends a message. So sorry you are unhappy with the decision, but Heather owns the company and runs the boards and she was in agreement with me, over your post, hence the movement of the thread.

Try changing your subject line next time, and it may be allowed to remain on the Veggie board, if becoming a vegetarian/vegan is your intention. General veggie, dietary, and meat questions can be addressed right here.

I agree ... stick around .... new
      #359578 - 07/01/10 05:45 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

misunderstandings happen easily while trying to communicate here. Stay and learn.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#359580 - 07/02/10 04:20 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Are you for real? That's really not very helpful.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2013 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5681

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review