All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Protein powder
      #359525 - 06/29/10 10:50 AM
laurah

Reged: 04/20/06

I have IBS-C and my doctor has found that I am quite deficient in protein, to the point that my hair is falling out. Can anyone suggest a good protein powder that is digestible, low in carbs and sodium, and has no artificial sweetener? Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Protein powder new
      #359541 - 06/29/10 11:07 PM
BQE

Reged: 06/05/10

Go to trueprotein.com and then make a custom mix.
Try egg or soy powder.

Re: Protein powder new
      #359565 - 06/30/10 09:19 PM
Pixi

Reged: 06/30/10

I'm very 'new' to the IBS, (meaning, I just now am finding out that's what my problem 'probably' is). For years I've used a Soy protein powder because I don't eat a lot of meat and can't do dairy. Recently though, it seems as though the soy protein was giving me indigestion, so I switched to a "Brown Rice Protein" powder by MLO Products,(it also says 'vegan' on it) and I think my system is happier so far. I'm safe in saying if you don't find this particular one in a health food store, there WILL be a Brown Rice Protein powder of another distributor. It also says it contains "No ADDED sugar, milk, soy, egg, yeast, wheat, corn, herbs, preservatives or coloring". Zero fat, zero cholesterol,25 mg sodium, 12g. carbs, 2g sugar. This one has 15g of protein per 2 rounded tablespoons. (I always put my protein powder in my morning smoothie and this one mixes very well!)
** If I don't seem to be answering a post right off,or in the right place, etc., I'm new at this Message Board stuff and I feel a bit lost... so forgive me if that happens!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 520 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1302

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review