All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
One thing I want to add...(advice would be cool...)
      #359417 - 06/23/10 07:40 AM
missamber

Reged: 12/16/06

I did post about how Dan Active has helped me greatly with discomfort and tummy troubles, but nothing helps me right before and during my period. Is that normal? Like today, my left side is uncomfortable, my belly button area is tender and I'm really gassy. Dan Active and nothing else seems to help me during the period time...any suggestions for me in that area??? (Ladies? )

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: One thing I want to add...(advice would be cool...) new
      #359428 - 06/23/10 05:44 PM
CamilleH

Reged: 05/24/10
Loc: Colorado

I don't have any grand advice. During that part of my cycle I think breathing gives me gas! LOL

I just have to be even more careful than usual. Less IF foods than I would normally have etc. And even then it's still just worse - but not as bad as if I'm not extra careful.

Isn't being a woman grand?

--------------------
IBS-D, Diabetes Type 2, Corn Allergy, Gluten Intolerance, Dairy "Issues"

#359432 - 06/23/10 07:02 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i had the worst problem during my period..i had an ablasion done last year that has done wonders for that "time" of the month for me...i was desperate and it really helped...is dan active the same thing as activia? so u are able to have dairy and not get pains etc from it?

#359436 - 06/24/10 01:37 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I don't have any suggestions but wanted to assure you that it's normal to feel this way during your period. I remember when I was a teenager, before my IBS got worse I actually used to look forward to the fact that my period helped me "go" (not the case anymore, now I'm just more gassy but still C).

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#359471 - 06/25/10 07:56 AM
missamber

Hey, skh,
I don't get any pains from DanActive. It's not the same as Activia...I think it's intended more to just regulate your intestinal flora and increase your immune system. It works for me...L Casei Immunitas is the ingredient. If you can't handle dairy, maybe you can find another kind of supplement with this culture in it. I think that's what helps me!

#359472 - 06/25/10 07:59 AM
missamber

Yeah, gas is my biggest problem. Seriously. I mean, I've been struggling with weird gas issues since I was 16. In college, I think it reached its peak and began to settle down a little. But, I used to be a belcher of epic proportions. I now wonder if I have any particular food allergies, because my gas issues and side/naval discomfort comes and goes. It's never always just there. Weird. But it really acts up during my period. Like, I just burped and my whole left side felt like a giant puff of area disappeared. I think there should be an IBS-G (as in Gas)!!!

#359473 - 06/25/10 08:01 AM
missamber

Being a woman IS grand (haha). I just never understood why periods make the digestive system funny, too. I have always gotten diarrhea...every period...since I was a teen. And the gas the left-side naval issue is super annoying. When I'm NOT on the period, Dan Active really does help...if you can do the dairy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review