All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Daiya Vegan Cheese
      #358995 - 06/01/10 10:11 AM
kmw

Reged: 03/29/06

I came across an article in Maclean's magazine today about Daiya Vegan Cheese. Apparently it has no dairy, egg, soy, etc, and is supposed to taste much better than all other cheese substitutes (which I really hope is true, as they're awful, in my experience). Before I go out searching for this stuff, has anyone tried it before? If so, is it really better tasting than other substitutes, and were you fine with it, IBS-wise?

This is the website, if anyone's interested: http://www.daiyafoods.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Daiya Vegan Cheese new
      #362511 - 12/14/10 10:07 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

i've found it at whole foods...its really good! the best cheese alt. i've had. it really melts ..i made a grilled cheese with earth balance and couln't believe i was having a grilled cheese...it was ok with my tummy just watch out using too much as it is has fat.

has anyone else tried it?

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#362512 - 12/15/10 04:40 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I just started using this cheese. It is the best vegan cheese I've had. It melts and tastes good. I've only tried the cheddar so far and I've used it on turkey tacos and in omelets and it's good. I have this little local health food store just down the road and they order it for me. I actually have an order in for the mozzarella that should be in tomorrow. I want to make pizza. Maybe if you have any health food stores in your area and they don't have it in the store they can order it for you. Good luck!

#362513 - 12/15/10 04:41 AM
gizmo

Oh and by the way it has never bothered my IBS at all.

#362552 - 12/17/10 04:40 PM
jennkenn

Reged: 10/02/10
Loc: Long Island, NY

I've only had the mozzerella...it's not bad. You can't expect it to taste like real mozzerella though so don't be too excited about it. I like to make pizzas with it...I buy flatbreads at Trader Joe's, slice up some tomatoes, chop up fresh basil, and then add the cheese on top...I put it in the oven for about 8 minutes on 350 or so. I also add chicken to this and always drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top. It's delicious.

--------------------
IBS-A...just looking for some answers!

#362615 - 12/20/10 06:55 PM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

Yes, really the best out there, but, as someone already mentioned, do pay attention to the fat content. Also, just a heads up, it needs to be used in a relatively short time or frozen. I had trouble with it getting moldy and spoke with someone at the company and they suggested putting it in small bags and freezing if you don't use it within a short period of time.

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

#362621 - 12/21/10 05:23 AM
gizmo

That's what I did I opened a bag of it and I wrote real big on the front when I needed to freeze it by and I froze it in 1/8 cup portions and just took out what I needed and it worked out great. This is the best tasting vegan cheese out there. The great thing is that it melts!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2521 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review