All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Breakfast Help
      #358976 - 05/31/10 02:18 PM
Britt44

Reged: 05/27/09
Loc: Iowa

I am wondering if anyone has ideas for a filling breakfast. I have tried cereal, but I feel hungry an hour later. The same happens with oatmeal (I thought that was suppose to be filling. Maybe I should eat more than one serving?). I have tried pancakes and while they leave me full, they really pack on the calories. I try to do several small meals throughout the day like suggested, but sometimes that isn't totally realistic at work. I've taken to sucking on candy (Bad habit, too many empty calories ).

I end up binge eating when I get home because my stomach feels so miserable which brings temporary relief, followed by intense bloating (Does anyone else get that tight feeling right beneath the rib cage when they haven't eaten in a while? It's leaves me feeling winded and miserable.)

It's been a while since I have posted, but eveyone is always so helpful and understanding when I do post. Thanks .

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Breakfast Help new
      #358978 - 05/31/10 02:53 PM
LindaDB

Reged: 02/10/10
Loc: Maryland

Hi,I have 2 packs of instant oatmeal with Tummy fiber in it.
Some times I fix a banana smoothie with soymilk and Tummy fiber in it,I make a big glass full,really filling. I take Luna Bars with me for snacks,they really help me keep something in my stomach(and taste good) Hope this is some help---Good luck !

#358984 - 05/31/10 08:53 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

Lately I've been having luck with half a plain bagel smeared with Tofutti "Better than cream cheese" and a small serving of fruit - canteloupe, berries, etc.. Keeps me going for a while

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

#358985 - 05/31/10 10:00 PM
seattleite

Reged: 01/07/10
Loc: Seattle

my usual before going to work in the morning is either....
-regular old fashioned oatmeal (not the fake stuff in the packets) with some honey or agave syrup for a little sweetness and either a banana cut up into it or even a teaspoon of peanut butter.
-toast with peanut butter
- nonfat greek yogurt (usually plain...i love the tartness and i love the thicker consistency of greek yogurt but i have to make sure its nonfat otherwise the regular is like 15g of fat per serving!) with either some mango bits or banana or whatever fruit you like...you could probably add some fiber in it if fruit gives you problems...luckily this gives me no problem.
-cereal with almond milk
-smoothie: frozen fruit, Acacia fiber, nonfat plain yogurt, either almond milk or OJ
-frozen waffles (i try to buy the healthier kind) with either some butter or jam spread on it and some berries

--------------------
IBS-D since 2008, female in her 20s

#358989 - 06/01/10 04:27 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Hey, I was just wondering if you have any symptoms at all with eating the Greek yogurt since there is low fat milk in it?

#359000 - 06/01/10 11:51 AM
seattleite

Reged: 01/07/10
Loc: Seattle

Nope i've never had a problem with it, however i have had problems with yogurt that has cream in it. My favorite greek yogurts are Trader Joes, Chobani 0%, and Oikos...however they are a bit pricey ($1.50 per yogurt cup..but so yummy) There are a few brands that add some kind of emulsifier or thickener that doesn't taste as good (Greek gods does this) as these.

--------------------
IBS-D since 2008, female in her 20s

#359012 - 06/01/10 08:13 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i have a toaster at work so i bring slices of sourdough bread and toast it, usually eat it dry (i like it that way) but on the weekends sometimes i use alittle earth balance and cinnamon or the tofutti cream cheese..that stuff is crazy good!...if you are deprived like me i guess.. ..my sister said it's disgusting but she doesn't have ibs and can eat anything!!..she thinks i have grown to like yucky stuff...

#359014 - 06/01/10 08:19 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i have to ask though...cheerios...they say oats(with the bran)..doesn't that mean it's too harsh?..i stand in the cereal isle and spend way too much time there and end up walking out with nothing...i want frosted mini wheats...

#359028 - 06/02/10 03:00 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Breakfast has turned out to be one of my favorite meal times now! I usually have:

1. Puffins cereal with Stonyfield Farm non-fat or low-fat yogurt, or almond milk, a small piece of toast with jam, a banana, and a little bit of orange juice

2. frozen waffles, Nature's Path usually or homemade, yogurt mixed with banana and frozen fruit

3. Nature's Path oatmeal packet, small piece of toast, fruit and a little bit of orange juice

4. Other good cereals are Nature's Path cornflakes, maple sunrise, vanilla.

#359108 - 06/07/10 11:06 AM
Britt44

Reged: 05/27/09
Loc: Iowa

Cheerios don't seem to bother me. I do steer clear of them when I am having a bad day. I am guilty of eating miniwheats as well. I got tired of standing in the cereal isle too! I've have really cut down on the cereal though. My tummy has been on the rampage. So far, eating oatmeal, like was suggested, has helped. I eat a slice or two of toast with it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3829 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review