All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Its been a rough week!Need to vent!
      #358952 - 05/29/10 08:45 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

It all started last sat I didn't feel very good like I was just full of air and then on sunday it got even worse. Monday I was fine and then on tuesday night it started all over again by wednesday I didn't feel good at all by thursday I was pretty sick gas gas gas gas & more gas. I took bean-0 gas x and drank some fennel tea.Yesterday moring I felt fine til I ate lunch then it came back again, I ate some diner and that was horrible I had bad gas pains so I dranks some tea and went to bed. I don't know if it was something I ate. I ate some tuna and tried some aspagras but I felt bad before I tried these. I had a bm this moring and my stomach feels like it has been ran over buy a big truck. I just want to feel good again. Could it have been the tuna I just started putting it back in my diet? We have to cookouts that we got invited to and I know my dh really wants to go but I just don't think I can go and look at all the good summer time food and try to pretend that I am fine you know. Anyway I just need to vent to those who get it thanks for listening.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Its been a rough week!Need to vent! new
      #358955 - 05/30/10 08:38 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hey, Sweetie -

You know this is a good place to "vent" b/c most of us have "been there/done that"!

I think I'm on a roller coaster - 2 days good and thinking "well, things are going to be better" - then about that time, here we go again!

Right now feel like I'm over 9 months pregnant from bloating!

I don't know if it's just other things going on in our systems simultaneously with the IBS, but you can eat it today, but not tomorrow... and, it is frustrating, to put it mildly!

But... I try to remember, I've been here before and got better, so I'm going to get better again. Same for you!
As for the tuna - I just found out I'm having difficulty digesting proteins - so, maybe add it back a little at a time, and make sure it's chopped well or you masticate it well (I sound like your mother, right? )
I've had some major dental work the past few years, which I hope will be finished this summer. Anyway, my bite is off and I don't "masticate" (that word again ) my food well and I know that causes major problems with my tummy. In fact, I seem to always be in a hurry, so I find if I'm eating rice or something, I probably swallow it without chewing at all.... Then - comes the bloating, etc. as it just sits there in my tummy.

As for those summer parties & cook outs, I know it's not fair,but, - plan in advance, eat some SF before you go and then maybe you can partake of a few items. Otherwise, take your own. You're younger, but at my age, I don't care anymore, I just say I can't eat it - not worth the pain later. If people give you a hard time - just say you're allergic!

It's really become a problem to find some place to eat out because of all the additives I seem to be allergic to now.

So, go have fun and realize that the food is just a small part of the fun! You will be better just from the fellowship with friends!

{{Hugs}} & Prayers for better days/weeks/months/years/life!!! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Thank you new
      #358992 - 06/01/10 07:33 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thank you for ALWAYS being there for me and for knowing just what to say! May god bless you! heres a big hug from me to you! I had a good time and tried not to think about food. Very tough some days though. I did try a little piece of orange without any prolbems! . Thanks again for always listening to me and for being there. Hope you feel better soon your in my thoughts and prayers.
sheila
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1980

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review