All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ugh, hemorroids
      #358809 - 05/20/10 04:18 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

I have been going through a very stressful period the last three months, which really caused my IBS to flare out of control. While I seem to have straightened myself out for the most part, the hemorroids that I gained from this episode seem to want to hang around indefinitely. My BMs have been pretty normal for the past couple of weeks. Why can't I get rid of these things? I've been using Analpram prescribed by my doctor, but that doesn't seem to be helping either, nor does sitz baths. I do seem to be a little bloated still, but that's mild and the only thing that's bothering me. Other than those darn hemorroids. Anybody able to solve this problem in other ways?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ugh, hemorroids new
      #358827 - 05/20/10 08:07 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I had a surgeon remove them. The external and internal hemorriods. Except for a few days of discomfort it was one of the best things that I did that helped me feel better. hth

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Double J new
      #358844 - 05/21/10 03:28 PM
DianeM

How long ago were they removed Double J? I had infrared coagulation about 4 or 5 years ago, but now new hemorroids have taken the place of those that were removed. Have you had any more problems? Thanks for your reply.

DianeM... new
      #358845 - 05/21/10 06:38 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

The hemorroids I had were removed 4 years ago during my last colonoscopy. They were removed by being tied off with a rubber band, and then falling off in about 5 days. The internal ones were easy. The hemorroids around my anus were the painful ones, but I would certainly have it done again. Since then no hemorroids, no pain, and no blood.

Ask your doctor and/or a surgeon. Good luck!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: DianeM... new
      #358847 - 05/21/10 08:28 PM
DianeM

Thank you! -nt-

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5089 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2168

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review