All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Help where do I go from here?
      #358678 - 05/16/10 04:05 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I have been on this diet for about 5 years now and I am stable but in a rut I eat the same foods the same way and the same "if" everyday. I no longer have C just GAS and sometimes some stomach upset after a bm. I am so desperate to add new "if" into my diet. But I don't know where to go from here since I have been doing it this way for so long. I am so tired of the repeating the same meals every week. Here is a example of my meals. Breakfeast ceral, lunch sandwitch something with lettue and tomatoe as my "if". Snack peaches and strawberrys or blueberry muffins. Dinner Green beans or a small salad with romaine lettuce, carrots tomatoes,mushrooms and black olives. The only fruit I do is thats souble is peaches very boring. Thats it EVERYDAY! Those are the "if"s I can do. Strawberrys, blueberries, lettuce, tomatoes,green beans. I know I can't do bannans or grapes or peas there triggers. I have tried applesauce before but it gave me stomach upset like gas bubbles so i figure it was the fructose and I do stay away from hfcs and it helps. I do drink the fennel tea as well and take bean-o before each meal and gas-x if I need it. So where do I go from here how do I add more differant if in my meals when I have been eating just those things this long. How can I add things like brocoli or beans and other "if" back now? I am afraid of what might happen. But I am willing to take a chance. Can someone give me some advice how should I go about this. Would the acacia help with this? Please help me get out of this rut. I need new choices in my life before I go crazy. I would love to try some almond butter or something like that. I have done it before but with bad results. Do I try again or not? I will take any advice thanks.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

234 people read this and no one has any advice? Please anyone?-nt new
      #358798 - 05/20/10 10:41 AM
emmasmom

Re: Help where do I go from here? new
      #358800 - 05/20/10 11:22 AM
jhuggs

Reged: 03/18/09
Loc: Erie, PA

Now that you're stable why don't you try a little bit of the almond butter? You know what triggers you so if you get an attack you can prob. be sure it was the almond butter. Why don't you try substituting some of the regular veggies you eat for things like broccoli, asparagus, and maybe even corn? Try just switching things up a little bit at a time and see how that works for you

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

#358804 - 05/20/10 03:38 PM
emmasmom

Thank you for responding. I really want to try some alomnd butter.Do you recomend any kind and how much at first? The same with broccoli how much at first? I have never had asparagus so I won't know how to cook it or what to put on it any advice there? I was thinking about trying some dried cranberries in some pumpkin bread soon and maybe a small portions of walnuts as well I just have to be brave engouh to do it. Thanks again for helping me...
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: 234 people read this and no one has any advice? Please anyone?-nt new
      #358805 - 05/20/10 03:53 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Try cooking up some soup or stir fry with vegetables and rice. The steamed or cooked vegetables would be easier to digest and many health food stores carry delicious and healthy sauces you can use for cooking stir fry.

I agree that adding almond butter would be a good try. Just use 1 tablespoon to start and see how it goes. I like to add honey to my almond butter sandwiches.

Also, Amy's makes some really great gluten and dairy free frozen meals. I know it probably doesn't sound very appealing, but they area actually really good. They even make safe pizzas! I like the teriyaki rice bowl, the gf/df baked ziti bowl and the teriyaki noodle bowl.

Can you eat oatmeal? Sometimes that is a nice change in the morning. I understand your frustration if finding new foods. It has been really challenging the last 4 years for me as well. If you would like, I can email you all of the foods I eat. I still get bad days where I look and feel so bloated that I like to call myself a "pregnant whale", and I still can't figure out why this happens. But hopefully someday I will.

Anyways, good luck on your new food adventures, let me know if you would like more information!

#358807 - 05/20/10 04:09 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

Wow, this sounds very familiar. I have been eating the same foods (and a very small selection of them) for the past 3 or 4 years and I'm afraid to do anything different, as it seems to work really well until stress hits me (which I'm dealing with now). I'm afraid to add foods, afraid to eat in restaurants, afraid to change the way I cook things, etc. Very, very boring. Good luck in expanding your diet, and please share your new food choices! I can't keep this up much longer either.

#358836 - 05/21/10 07:58 AM
jhuggs

I've never tried almond butter but be sure to check the ingredients out first...maybe start w/a teaspoon or so? As far as brocolli to be safe I'd only eat a few spears and see how that goes. Asparagus is so yummy and so easy! Wash it well, snap off the ends and saute in a little bit of EVOO, I like to season it with lemon pepper and some salt...so delicious! Again, start with just a few spears and see how you tolerate it.

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

#358841 - 05/21/10 12:36 PM
emmasmom

Thank you so much for posting its so nice to hear that I am not alone. I do eat out I have a turkey sandwitch from subway and quiznois and I do eat at the olive garden every now and then. I know something has to give cause eating this way is driving me crazy. I haven't decided what I am going to try yet but I am going to do it really soon. Wish me luck!
emmasmom
ibs gas

#358842 - 05/21/10 12:42 PM
emmasmom

thanks for the help. I am going to try some of these very soon. My dh loves asparagus so I think I'll try this soon. Along with some cranberries and some very fine choped wal-nuts maybe in some pumpkin bread. Thanks again wish me luck!
emmasmom
ibs- gas

#358843 - 05/21/10 01:22 PM
jhuggs

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4966

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review