All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
losing weight ??
      #358518 - 05/09/10 01:57 AM
jjuk

Reged: 06/21/09
Loc: warwickshire , uk

Ok so not sure if u know but im an oldy going back to the beginning and starting this diet from the top ( feel i need to as i fallen off the wagon a bit ) however my question is has anyone lost weight eating this way ? I am about 200lbs ( 14.7 stones ) and this is the heaviest i have ever been - even heavily pregnant with my daughter i didnt weight this much - so im desperate to loose weight - can this be done ?

--------------------
ibs for 8 years x

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: losing weight ?? new
      #358519 - 05/09/10 07:12 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

To lose weight, you need a calorie defecit so as long as you don't consume more calories then you burn, you shouldn't gain weight. Exercise is definetely important also. Do you exercis? Why do you feel like you are gaining weight? Do you get alot of cravings? Maybe you are not eating enough fiber to feel satisfied.

#358521 - 05/09/10 03:11 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i lost 12 lbs within about 2 months and i'm just now starting to gain alittle weight. I think it's the soy ice cream and sourdough bread. I just wasn't getting any calories eating chicken and rice. I don't cook hugh meals though. I usually stick with chicken and veggies. I had to make my self eat the bread b/c i was so weak. I have ibs-d though so nothing stayed with me.

#358524 - 05/10/10 12:17 AM
jjuk

Reged: 06/21/09
Loc: warwickshire , uk

i think i put it down to eating alot of bread !! its my stable its almost like i cant do without it. if i dont eat bread im hungry all the time. - i dont know maybe starting the efi diet again will give me a new look on things. i would just really like to loose some weight i feel so big at the moment x

--------------------
ibs for 8 years x

#358525 - 05/10/10 02:45 AM
KimEatandBe

Reged: 03/03/10

yes! I really believe you can lose weight on the EFI diet. I have lost at least 5 lbs. and feel great (lots of energy, etc.).
The idea of eating a low-fat diet and its relation to being slim has been supported in some MAJOR studies such as the China Study (check out the book by that name if you get the chance), so it is possible.
I am blogging about what I eat everyday and am on the EFI diet. If you are interested and may want some recipe ideas, check it out at www.eatandbe.com.
You can do it!

#358526 - 05/10/10 02:48 AM
KimEatandBe

Reged: 03/03/10

i know what you mean about not eating bread and feeling hungry all the time. If i don't eat carbohydrates at every meal, I feel hungry and not right.
The thing is, it is possible to eat bread and lose weight. Just be sure to combine it with healthy fats/fiber that break down slower and will help to keep you full.
For example, try a slice of bread w/ 1 Tbsp. of hummus, or guacamole or almond butter (my fave!). That way, you have your bread (not too much) combined with a healthy fat that will keep you satisfied!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review