All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Incorporating IF if you are C?
      #358387 - 05/05/10 06:33 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I know we are suppose to start each meal with soluble fiber, such as white bread or white rice, but how do most of you folks with C get in your IF? What sources? Can you provide a sample diet of how you do this with specific foods mentioned? I need help. I think I've been approaching this EFI diet wrong for years. I thought I was doing it, but now I have doubts.

Thanks for all who answer.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Please help! I'm begging new
      #358407 - 05/05/10 12:23 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Re: Please help! I'm begging new
      #358409 - 05/05/10 12:42 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

Smoothies are a staple in my diet. Mine consist of banana, half a dozen strawberries, a handful of blueberries, and soy milk and a splash of orange juice (I also add acacia fiber). I also find I can tolerate potato skins well and will leave them on when I mash potatoes, etc...Heather's Lemon Asparagus pasta (the recipe is in the "first year" book) is a great way to get an IF veggie like asparagus into your meal by cooking it and then pureeing it into a delicious sauce to coat your pasta with. Since I discovered that recipe, I have made it at least 5 times, and my family loves it as much as I do.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

Re: Incorporating IF if you are C? new
      #358419 - 05/05/10 05:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

LOts of ways! You can eat things that are mixed SF and IF like this organic Honey Bunches of Oats type cereal I have been eating. You can eat a banana then an orange, grapefruit or pineapple. You can have pretzels and some nuts. You can have rice and some IF cooked veggie.
Try to make each small meal you eat have 25% fat or so, SF and IF, protein and carbs. I eat a banana with PB and raisins on it or a banana followed by almonds. I used to take a tortilla and smear PB and drop raisins on it and then roll it up.
Maybe you could have rice, cooked peas, and salmon with pineapple salsa.

I think people tend to go for raw lettuce and tomato on a sandwich or an apple or something like that when they try to add IF. It is better to go with cooked IF at first. Raw lettuce and tomato is more dangerous.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Incorporating IF if you are C? new
      #359380 - 06/21/10 06:50 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

THis is a late post... but I cook veggies in soup all the time to get my IF.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1824

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review