All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-Constipation Guidelines
      #358260 - 04/30/10 08:33 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I was wondering if anybody has "the book" on what works best for IBS-C.
I suffer from major bloating and distension, which is largely coincidently with constipation.

I have tried:
1) Acadia 2) Benefiber 3) Acidophillus 4) Miralax
5) Anti-Anxiety Meds 6) SSRI

but the problem remains.
I frequently get 20 grams of dietary fiber a day.
Was wondering if there is a general formula for how to allievate this, as it has bothered me for YEARS.
Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-Constipation Guidelines new
      #358616 - 05/14/10 08:45 AM
Catgirl

Reged: 01/10/09
Loc: Canada

I'd like to know what helps too! I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried all those plus magnesium and other pills but nothing will work. I feel your pain. The last time I 'went' was March and it's killing me! I went to a GI and he just sat there and said he doesn't know what to say!!! I 'm so frustrated at the lack of brains all these docs have.

#358682 - 05/16/10 06:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

20 grams of fiber per day is not enough. You have to up that before thinking any meds would do better.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#358726 - 05/18/10 01:19 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

20 grams of fiber per day is not enough. You have to up that before thinking any meds would do better.

OK...how...when you won't let me have salads/oatmeal/whole grain/V8/raw fruits and veggies.

How am I supposed to get 35 grams of fiber?

It's like telling to me to run a mile, then cutting off my feet.

Should I just spend 2 hours a day cooking...not dinner...but just fruit and veggie snacks and sides...should I park myself at the microwave every 2 hours...because honestly when you restrict how to eat fiber as you people do...you tell me HOW I am supposed to get it?

How?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#358734 - 05/18/10 05:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think my fiber amount is 3 times as high as yours. So there is an enigma I guess according to you.
I put one tablespoon of acacia into each of two 32oz water bottles to drink through the day. This gives a nice SF base. The rest of my fiber comes from fruits eaten as snacks, oatmeal or cereal, pasta, bread or rice and cooked vegetables.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 908 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review