All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnancy-IBS-D- Help!
      #358237 - 04/30/10 11:31 AM
ReneeB

Reged: 04/30/10

Hi this is my first time posting. I have had IBS-D for about 16 years. It has been stable for the past 4 years...but just this past week it flared up. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I have been having diarrhea the past week about every other day...I have been taking Kaopectate when I do to stop it. I have also been just eating the BRAT diet for the past week...but it seems that I am still having diarrhea. I also have high anxiety...I am scared to eat anything...my heart has been racing and I've been hot and clammy. I can't sleep either. My dr put me on zoloft and prilosec yesterday. My IBS has always flared up during times of stress/change...the past 4 years I have been able to eat what I want pretty much. A couple days ago I ate a piece of plain baked chicken and I had diarrhea afterwards and horrible stomach pains. What is going on? Is it just the anxiety? I have already lost 2 lbs during my pregnancy and do not want to lose anymore. What can I eat that will be safe but not give me diarrhea/upset stomach. Sometimes after I eat it feels like my stomach is on fire/burning for hours. Thank you so much.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnancy-IBS-D- Help! new
      #358238 - 04/30/10 11:59 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Try eating lots of fresh white bread.French bread is good and slice off a big piece before you eat anything else.Also munch through the day on pretzels to keep something in your stomach that is SF.
I would also eat more baked potato.
These are my staples when in stress mode.
And don't drink water on an empty stomach either make sure you have food in there.
HTH

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Pregnancy-IBS-D- Help! new
      #358241 - 04/30/10 02:11 PM
ReneeB

Reged: 04/30/10

Thanks so much dragonfly..I will try those things you mentioned. I'm also taking colon care(gnc)..it has psyllium and acidophilus. Should I stop that? Do u think it is affecting me negatively? My stomach is just upset a lot..constantly gurgling..sometimes burning.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 721 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review