All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lisa Marie
      #358036 - 04/26/10 11:41 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Here is the post that got locked up! If you have time, I would love to hear from you. I know you are a busy mom, though!

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE stabilized. I'm not cured; there is no cure. But I've learned what I need to do to control my symptoms and lead a semi-normal life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations! How have you been able to do this? What besides the Hypno program has helped you? Do you eat white bread? Eat white rice? Take any supplements? A probiotic? I want what you have so badly.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lisa Marie new
      #358040 - 04/26/10 01:24 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I don't think there is a cure or a such thing as stable.
Only people without real IBS get stable.
5 years of EFI...why do I look bloated still?
Why?
WHY?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#358043 - 04/26/10 01:51 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

You sound very angry and very tired. I've been dealing with this for years now too. I don't know why some people find relief and others don't. That's the question I pray that one day my body will have a positive response to all this

I don't think it's fair to lash out at Heather so much. Her diet has helped some people and I believe she really cares about people. Maybe this approach just doesn't work for everyone

#358045 - 04/26/10 03:00 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Me too.
I have basically given up 5 years of my 20s for IBS...and what has it gotten me?
I still look pregnant.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Naturapanic new
      #358066 - 04/26/10 06:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Do you want to trade the IBS for leukemia or ALS or cerebral palsy or even diabetes? I wouldn't. I'm also not going to go kill my mom for making a baby when she herself had IBS. Count your blessings and grow up. The adversity of having to deal with bloating and pain can make you a better person inside. Have you thought about that?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Naturapanic new
      #358067 - 04/26/10 06:56 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I study neuromuscular therapy and trigger points. I see that you work out a lot and lift weights and do alot of ab work. It is possible for muscular trigger points in the abdomen, obliques, psoas and even spine to contibute to IBS and even cause bloating and constipation.
Did you ever try getting a massage from an experienced therapist. At the very least it will help you to relax a little!! But seriously, I wouldn't doubt that you have trigger points. I don't know if thats the main issue but I think it may really help to get them worked out.
Here read this:http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:PxpH-gjqfQ8J:www.triggerpointbook.com/abdomina.htm+trigger+points+and+ibs&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by Allisonmary (04/26/10 07:02 PM)

#358180 - 04/28/10 08:15 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I replied to your post elsewhere...??

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review