All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: you have IBS, period! new
      #358041 - 04/26/10 01:27 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

Of course it's not fair - it sucks! But it's LIFE and everyone deals with something - IBS is your "something". I truly, truly feel your frustration - I really do. I'm sorry you are dealing with this to the degree you are.

That said, what on earth do you think Heather can say that will satisfy you? I almost feel like you are just looking for a fight than support at this point. Every post you mention that you want to hear what Heather has to say. Heather has responded to your other thread by "dittoing" the information another poster gave. What more are you looking for? It's not Heather's (or anyone's, for that matter) fault that any of us are sick....we deal with it the best we can and sometimes you just have to accept what hand has been dealt to you.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#358044 - 04/26/10 02:58 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

1) Why am I not better

2) Why did your diet not work?

I want her to examine WHAT I do and tell me.
I think given I've done this for five years without improvement, I'd be a good test case to make an example of/from.

She publishes SO MANY success stories in her newsletter, why not discuss fixing stubburn IBSers who can't improve like me?

Why do I look pregnant?
I don't have dairy?
I want her explanation.

Do I have to look like a fat beer guzzler the rest of my life?
Should I just never wear short sleeves, go to the beach, and stop going to the gym because of IBS?

If IBS is not a terminal illness THAN WHY AM I NOT BETTER?
WHAT IS THE BIG HOLD UP?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#358046 - 04/26/10 03:11 PM
Bel920

I just don't understand why you feel Heather OWES you anything. She's a person just like you and me - she didn't give you IBS, and she never promised to cure it. If you want to demand answers, find yourself a doctor who specializes in IBS and make him work for his money!

I have responded to you several times and you continually ignore what I and others are saying. IBS isn't considered "terminal" because in order to be called that, it would ultimately have to lead to death in the patient. Instead, it's long-term, permanent, forever....however you want to put it. There are ways which are HELPFUL (but not guaranteed) in getting stable and feeling better much (but not all) of the time.

And no, you don't have to wear long sleeves, avoid the beach and stop going to the gym because of the way you look - you can work on accepting that the way you look is part of who you are and embrace it. It seems that a lot of your frustration comes from the way you look, rather than the way you feel. Why do you care so much about what other people think of you?

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
something about it!

#358047 - 04/26/10 03:17 PM
Naturapanic

1) I take pride in how I look
2) Bodybuilding is my hobby
3) IBS ruined it
4) Because of bloating/distension it is VERY uncomfortable for me to walk sometimes

5) Heather runs a business based on following her steps to get better...if she is an expert...I want her to examine me and tell me why I am not better

6) I have been to an IBS doctor, no help. I've written them off. I thought a fellow IBSer might help...now since EFI failed...it's hopeless.

7) Look at your signature. WHY IS THERE NOTHING I CAN DO TO FEEL BETTER?
I HAVE POURED LABOR INTO THIS AND I AM NOT BETTER.

HEATHER CLAIMS TO BE AN EXPERT....WHY CAN'T SHE ANSWER?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#358048 - 04/26/10 03:27 PM
Bel920

Your expectations of someone else, on the internet, without ever seeing you, examining you, etc....curing (or bettering) your IBS are absurd. Heather found a way of life that works well for her and has shared it with the rest of us. If it doesn't work for you, it's not her responsibility to come up with a plan B tailored specifically for you.

I don't understand what you mean by "look at your [my] signature". Yes, I feel better, but not 100% - the EFI diet seems to be helping me a great deal - but it's only been 6 weeks or so.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
something about it!

#358049 - 04/26/10 03:39 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

naturapanic,

What in the world is it that you think
Heather should be doing for you?

She is one person who found a way to deal.
She has graciously shared that method with us.
Does it work for all....of course not.
Why do you think that she owes you something?

You say body building is your hobby...might I suggest that you find another hobby?
We all have to deal with the hand that we are dealt.
You might be better to concentrate on how you feel rather than how you look.

It surely is not Heather's responsibility to answer to you or any one else!!!

Maybe you should be putting your doc on the hot seat rather than Heather??

--------------------
IBS-D

Edited by Thai (04/26/10 03:41 PM)

Naturapanic new
      #358050 - 04/26/10 04:01 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I am wondering if you look as bad as you think you look. It seems your distress is all coming from a "how you look" prospective, instead of "how you feel."

I also experience C most of the time, and I do find it hard to walk at times, because of the bloat. It just zaps the energy right out of me. I also find it very difficult to work my abs with the bloat. And of course, you aren't going to see the six-pack that you would like to see. Some yoga postures I can't do on a consistent basis, because of my stomach, but if you took a look at me, I believe you would not even notice it. Sometimes, it looks worse in our own eyes, than it does in the eyes of others.

But, I have to share with you, that I just deal with it on a day to day basis. Some good days, some bad days. I can't say that Heather's diet has worked for me, but I don't blame her for it. So, I still don't understand the need to beat her up about it. There are other websites that deal with IBS. Have you tried those? If Heather's diet is not working for you, why don't you just move on. I don't think there is much else she can say to you. She can't tell you why it isn't working.

As a former female bodybuilder, I know what you are trying to achieve, and I get why it is so important to you. It is a sport and a hobby and it is loads of fun. But, you are going to have to get a grip, that it might not be perfect for you, but doable.

Re: Naturapanic new
      #358055 - 04/26/10 05:10 PM
Naturapanic

1) I'd like Heather to explain why the EFI is not working
-(What other websites deal with IBS besides this that are reputable...not quick rich hoaxes?)

2) I'd like Heather/other here to look at my food journal and see if I am unaware of something bad I am doing
-Does it make sense for me to post a food journal?

3) Gek...question...since you were a bodybuilder. Is it possible with IBS-C/Bloating to get cut or add muscle, or will it always be masked by the IBS so long as you have symptoms?

-I'd post my picture, but I do not know how to use the image code...it did not work...do any of you know how?
-I've been working out 8 years, following Heather's diet 5 years, and I still look like a couch potatoe!!!!!

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#358057 - 04/26/10 05:30 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

-I've been working out 8 years, following Heather's diet 5 years, and I still look like a couch potatoe!!!!!

And apparently not listening to anything that anyone has to say.

Why are you so obsessed with this image thing?

--------------------
IBS-D

#358059 - 04/26/10 05:44 PM
Bel920

Quote:

And apparently not listening to anything that anyone has to say.

Why are you so obsessed with this image thing?

This is my issue with responding to Naturapanic's threads over and over - it's as though he doesn't read the words we type. I put a lot of thought into those responses, and he's not even acknowledging them, so I think I'm done. I think this is a losing battle!

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
something about it!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 568 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27210

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review