All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hemmoroids
      #357236 - 04/02/10 07:15 AM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

Well i guess Hemmoroids are a side effect of IBS ....'pushing".....i push a lot and then have well formed stools....but now i have really painful hemmoroids...hard to sit at work all day.....besides prep h and warm baths...any other solutions to alleviate discomfort.......and its more painful after i go to bathroom........how long do they last? thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hemmoroids new
      #357374 - 04/05/10 12:52 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

Unfortunately, hemmorhoids can sometimes be a fairly chronic problem for those of us who have IBS.
I think the first thing to do is to really try not to force your bowel movements (BMs) because this will just make them worse or come back once they have settled down. If you do have to really strain to have a BM, there are probably some dietary changes that need to happen so that you have stools that are softer and easier to pass. You'll probably have to take this from an "inside out" position.
If they are painful and chronic enough, you may want to go see your doctor about having them looked at.
In the meantime, I would suggest using sitz baths (adding salt or baking soda to a warm bath or getting a special sitz bath tub that fits on the toilet that you can sit in for 15-20 mins daily) or adding either lavender or juniper oils to your warm bath, both are used to help reduce hemmorhoids. You also may want to consider getting some vaseline and using it in the area before and after BMs. Another handy thing to have on hand are Tucks wipes, they are really cooling and soothing and can be used after each time you go to the bathroom. You may also want to invest in some babywipes as these are less irritating than dry toilet paper.
You may not want to take it to work with you for obvious reasons, but you can also get those ring cushions for sitting if you have to sit at home or in the car or something and find it uncomfortable. I've never tried one so I can't say myself how effective they are at relieving the pressure, but it might be worth a shot.

Good luck!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#357632 - 04/09/10 03:58 PM
Mhillqt

thank you.....mine are EXTREMELY painful...everytime i go down stairs or try to sit or stand i get a RIPPING pain thru my anus....today went to doctor and he did a digital exam and i was SCREAMING in pain and left the area EXTREMELY painful all day...i had to leave work early......was in agony......none of the creams, etc work....so not sure what im going to do....this is disabling.......more so than my IBS and Panic Disorder.......with IBS and Panic i managed to never leave work.......but this ....TOO MUCH PAIN.....what i dont get is that most people just blow off hemmoroids...i guess there are differant degrees of hemmoroids...

#357635 - 04/09/10 04:30 PM
VanLynn

Reged: 03/20/10
Loc: Northern California

I have occassionally experienced that same kind of pain you are describing. Thankfully it's not too often. I usually have to take pain medication when it happens. I know what you are talking about and it's not fun! Maybe a heating pad helps too-even if you just lay down with it on your tummy - it can help relax you, which is important. When I am experiencing that kind of pain I tense up and it just makes everything worse. A cup of peppermint tea and a heating pad can help relax you till it passes.

#357637 - 04/09/10 05:16 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

You might also have anal fissures along with any hemmorhoids you have. I get those and they are EXCRUCIATING...I describe it as birthing kittens with their claws out LOL Oddly enough, the only time I have ever had hemmorhoids was after I had my babies (from pushing them out) and they never really hurt. The fissures, however, are a nightmare to deal with until they heal - and I get them several times a year. You might want to try a stool softener (like Colace) until your body gets a chance to heal up...that's what I usually have to do to break the cycle.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

Have you visited with your doctor? new
      #357638 - 04/09/10 07:04 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

During my last colonoscopy my surgeon removed 5 internal hemorrhoids by tying a rubber band around them, and then they fell off in about 5 days. I also had a couple hemorrhoids that kept peeking out of my anus and causing some real pain. Those were removed also. It was one of the best things that I ever did to improve how I felt.

I guess my point is that you should visit with your doctor.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Have you visited with your doctor? new
      #357989 - 04/23/10 06:01 PM
Mhillqt

thanks...i went to colorectal surgeon...i have an external thrombosed hemmoroid and an anal fissure....both are causing pain..from moderate to severe after going to bathroom.....my ibs is all out of whack since this started 4 weeks ago...went from constipated to going to bathroom 3 x per day......the whole thing sucks..ibs, fissures, hemmoroids and panic disorder.....not a nice combo.....im applying special cream to the area...it supposedly increase blood flfow to allow the fissure to heal...i dont really know which is causing the most pain......but its like your ass is being split open....when i dont go to the bathroom...my day is fine....i guess i just have to give it time...otherwise surgery..which i dont want...

COLACE new
      #358402 - 05/05/10 11:42 AM
Mhillqt

Taking COLACE for stool softener....let me tell you panic disorder/ibs and anal fissures/hemmoroids are a lethal mix!

The COLACE seems to be causing stomach pain...urgency to go to bathroom.....diarhhea feeling...is this common?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 764 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3272

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review