All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Leaky Gut and IBS
      #357222 - 04/01/10 03:41 PM
Dylan

Reged: 04/01/10

I have IBS. I came across your website 3 weeks ago after suffering with IBS for 12 years. It has done wonders, thank-you so much. I ordered your recipe book and your tummy fiber, However, I finished an antibiotic treatment almost three weeks ago and now I have leaky gut syndrome.
Can you please give me some advice on what to eat, since it seems that all the 'safe foods' for my IBS are feeding my leaky gut. Are yams safe for leaky gut? Some experts say yes, others say no. I am so confused and scared. I am taking your tummy fiber which is good since it is a prebiotic and I am taking a probiotic. This is just not enough, please help me. It seems that the necessary fibre sources for my IBS that are posted on your website and your book 'what to eat when you can't eat anything' are making my leaky gut worse and all the foods that are good to get rid of my leaky gut are bad for my IBS. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, please help me

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Leaky Gut and IBS new
      #357228 - 04/01/10 06:34 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I don't know what you have tried to eat, obliviously, but when I am at my worst I stay with chicken and white rice, peppermint tea, and acacia fiber, and nothing else.

Are you ibs d or a?

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#357234 - 04/02/10 05:48 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

How was it determined that you have leaky gut syndrome? Was the diagnosis made by a GP or GI doc? And what was the recommended course of treatment?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#357262 - 04/02/10 05:46 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

You could try some natural antifungals (garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive leaf extract, caprylic acid)along with high fiber. You may need to eliminate sugars and starches until you have it under control. Yams may have too much natural sugar/starch. Are youn taking probiotics to replace the good bacteria?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 618 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review