All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anybody know where to buy calcium polycarbophil aka generic fibercon in bulk ?
      #357048 - 03/27/10 02:13 PM
PABeachBum

Reged: 06/13/08

Many, many apologies to Heather for asking about a competing product on her own message board, but this is the fiber that I found works best for me.

With that in mind, does anybody have a good source online to purchase it in pill form in bulk, as in hundreds of pills. I take about 6 pills of 600mg across an entire day. Helps a lot.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anybody know where to buy calcium polycarbophil aka generic fibercon in bulk ? new
      #357053 - 03/27/10 03:28 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Deleting these links - they are not to the supplement requested.

- Heather

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Edited by Heather (03/29/10 12:30 PM)

Re: Anybody know where to buy calcium polycarbophil aka generic fibercon in bulk ? new
      #357054 - 03/27/10 03:56 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Have you tried a Google search on

calcium polycarbophil supplier

Perhaps you may be able to locate an international supplier of food quality bulk powder for soluble fiber supplement vendors.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#357055 - 03/27/10 04:21 PM
Windchimes

PABeachBum specifically requested pill form. Do you have an issue with me responding to people?

--------------------

#357056 - 03/27/10 06:08 PM
Syl

Just a friendly suggestion.

What he was looking for was a specific fiber supplement. The links you provided were to calcium supplement and bran containing fiber supplement. You might check you links after you post them.

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#357059 - 03/27/10 07:28 PM
Windchimes

No one need assume that there is a final authority when it comes to IBS. There is not such a thing experientially and individually. We're all experiencing some of the same miseries, though the causes and remedies can vary from person to person. We share with others what we can and hope that they find their own niche to managing this condition. In reality there is no miracle cure to make it go away, though there are things that can be very helpful towards feeling more comfortable and less symptomatic.

--------------------

#357062 - 03/28/10 04:00 AM
Windchimes

What I provided was what was requested in pill form:

Quote:

calcium polycarbophil aka generic fibercon in bulk

Quote:

does anybody have a good source online to purchase it in pill form in bulk, as in hundreds of pills. I take about 6 pills of 600mg across an entire day.

The poster said that he took 6 pills per day and wanted to purchase those in bulk (higher quantities), obviously to save money. I can't blame him for that.

Syl, have you ever taken a pharmacology class to learn what some things actually are in reality? What I posted IS what he was looking for, and at a discounted price. I see no reason for you to jump on me for that and assume that my links were not relevant to what what was requested by PABeachBum.

--------------------

#357065 - 03/28/10 05:05 AM
Syl

Quote:

Syl, have you ever taken a pharmacology class to learn what some things actually are in reality?

Yes! And physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, biochemical psychiatry, neurology .........

Check your links. I believe you find one is to Fiber Force 6 - a fiber supplement that does not contain calcium polycarbophil - and the other to a list of calcium supplements

--------------------

#357066 - 03/28/10 06:06 AM
Windchimes

Okay, Syl... so you are supposedly are well educated in many things. However, the original poster did ask for specific things in pill form and I used HIS specific words to do the search.

Why do you have problem with others responding to posts and then attacking and critiquing their responses... in this case a totally appropriate one on my part? I provided you with the info on what PABeachBum actually asked for and then you attacked ME for answering that as if I'm dumb and stupid when it comes to using this poster's words to research a product for him.

Think again!

At this point, I would prefer that you not respond directly nor indirectly to my posts any more. Such responses are a "turn-off" for many and they ultimately exit these boards. Is this your ultimate goal?

I prefer not to particpate in battlefields and just be myself inputting where I can and doing the very best of my ability, absent arguments and put-downs.

PABeachBum received exactly what he requested in my response, even if you don't agree.

--------------------

#357115 - 03/28/10 07:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I used to get them from Sam's Club.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Stop this right now new
      #357116 - 03/28/10 07:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Windchimes oh where do I start? You need to recognize that Syl is very knowledgable and has the patience to help the difficult cases here. I appreciate him a lot. No he doesn't have the same kind of responses others may, like me, with personal testimony often. Please learn to get along with people here.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2373 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review