All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anybody pregnant or was pregnant with IBS and Gestational Diabetes?
      #356770 - 03/17/10 12:47 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

I've got five weeks left. Just five weeks. But I've been on the diabetes diet for seven. Unfortunately it is the anti-IBS diet in regards to limiting carbs like bread and soy. My poor stomach can't take much more.

Just wondering how you managed it? I have found my IBS has definitely gotten worse since being pregnant. I honestly can't wait to be back on the IBS diet. I really miss it.

I know it'll be worth it in the end and I'm almost there.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anybody pregnant or was pregnant with IBS and Gestational Diabetes? new
      #356842 - 03/19/10 02:05 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Sounds like you need to focus on other forms of soluble fiber, like that found in vegetables. Root veggies are the easiest: potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and also squash (zucchini, butternut squash, etc.). Try using those as the soluble fiber base of your meals instead of bread or rice.

Hang in there! It is definitely all worth it. I would encourage you to breastfeed as long as you possibly can. I, along with other moms on this board, noticed our IBS simply disappeared the whole time we were nursing. Quite a nice break - and doing something wonderful for your baby at the same time!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

IBS-C and bread new
      #357955 - 04/22/10 07:22 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Is it okay to eat white bread everyday if you are C? Or are the soluble veggies less constipating?

Re: IBS-C and bread new
      #358009 - 04/24/10 11:50 AM
Lisa Marie

I can't speak for everyone, but I eat a PBJ on sourdough every morning. I try to eat as much IF as I possibly can with my main meals. You can get more info on how I got stable from my old post here . Sorry I couldn't respond to your questions in the thread that got locked up!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Thanks. new
      #358034 - 04/26/10 11:35 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

How do you usually get in your insoluble fiber? (what form, foods)

Re: Thanks. new
      #358183 - 04/28/10 08:30 PM
Lisa Marie

The easiest is my smoothie first thing in the morning. Lots of fruit (IF!) but it's all blended and smooth, so easy to digest. I use berries, banana, soy yogurt, and some ground flax seed, plus my acacia.

For dinners and lunch, my IF usually comes from various veggies. A few times a week we have beans. I can't do whole grains, so I rely on the fruits and veggies. When I was first trying to get stable, I made lots of hummus - Good source of IF, but blended up nice and smooth. I also ate lots of blended soups, there's a ginger butternut lentil one I posted on the Recipe Board awhile back that was one of my staples. Sarah Kramer has 3 great vegan cookbooks, and there's quite a few blended soup recipes in there.

Basically, I just cooked and pureed the heck out of everything for quite awhile.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review