All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Zara, how are you doing??
      #356509 - 03/09/10 07:59 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

My morning sickness has kicked in big time. I've only thrown up once (well actually four times, but only one day!), but I'm nauseous all day every day. The only foods I can stomach are fruit and turkey sandwiches, which is weird because I never used to eat much meat.

Ironically, my bloating is better. I think it's because it takes me like 45 minutes to choke down a meal...

Anyway, I was just thinking about you and was curious how you're feeling.

Talk soon!

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zara, how are you doing?? new
      #356571 - 03/10/10 01:45 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi Fen, I've actually had a really busy week. We moved on the weekend so we were constantly cleaning and unpacking, and we were also having problems with the internet so I didn't read your post until now. We had the telephone company guy come in today again (we had another guy here two days ago who couldn't fix the problem) and my dad who "understands cables and electricity" (in my simple words ) also stopped by so they were able to identify the problem and get us online. Finally, I've been getting withdrawal symptoms (I don't want to write about anything pregnancy-related from work yet, I plan on telling them in about a month).

That's really good that your bloating's been better! I wish I could say the same. My IBS hasn't been this bad in a long time, big time C, bloating, pain...today was the worst, I couldn't wait to be able to leave work and go home. I had to use an enema bag to get relief so I'm feeling much better now. Hope to get back on the track soon. I know I will, it just takes a few days.

As for the nausea, my stomach gets "off" and I feel like I'm going to throw up but I never do. However, it only lasts for a little while and then goes away after I eat something small. And, it's generally much better than about 2 weeks ago.

Hope you feel better soon, I think another week or two and the nausea will go away !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: Zara, how are you doing?? new
      #356572 - 03/10/10 01:58 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Not to intrude, but I was just wondering if you two still eat gluten free. Zara, if you are, maybe you don't have to if you feel this bad?? I don't know

one more try-nt new
      #356761 - 03/17/10 11:31 AM
Cyndy

Re: one more try-nt new
      #356802 - 03/19/10 02:57 AM
Zara

Hi Cyndy, for some reason my answer didn't get posted, and then I was away for almost a week on a ski vacation .

Nothing's changed since we talked last, I'm still eating gluten, I'm not convinced that it's my problem. I'm trying to eat many other grains besides wheat but I do not exclude it.
Right now I'm not feeling well but that's because last night I stupidly ate some guacamole with chips (about 1/2 of them were baked and 1/2 were fried) and then had some chocolate. So, yeah, getting back on the wagon right now .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#356807 - 03/19/10 06:34 AM
Cyndy

So, you do eat some wheat? Honestly, if you are still sick, perhaps the gluten free diet isn't necessary? Doesn't this just drive you crazy trying to figure it out? I'm in the same boat, sweetie.

#356819 - 03/19/10 09:05 AM
Zara

Yeah, it is annoying to figure it out but I don't really focus on gluten anymore, like I said, I do not eat gluten-free anymore. I'm just trying to .... well, I don't even know what I'm trying to do .... I guess avoid known triggers and not focus on my IBS so much. It's hard but I don't want to let it rule my life.

Thanks for the encouragement!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#356832 - 03/19/10 11:32 AM
Cyndy

I miss read your previous email. I thought it said you were eating gluten free. Sorry about that!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review