All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
still very confused..
      #356272 - 03/02/10 04:16 AM
wendydou

Reged: 05/15/08

I"ve been checking this site for a while now, but I"m still very confused.. it's all so contradictory.. I need to retool my eating.. I'm not eating anything nutritious but everything I've tried has made me react in one way or another.. lately it's been really odorous gas for two weeks, and now I think it's gone.. no idea why.. can the acacia fiber do that?? I need someone to help me map out a menu if anyone is interested in helping... Thanks. ,Wendy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: still very confused.. new
      #356275 - 03/02/10 06:36 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Hi Wendy

Are you IBS-D, IBS-C or IBS-A? It is useful to put this information in your signature line so others will known when you post questions.

I presume you mean the information on this site is contradictory to what you have been told by others not that the information on the site contains contradictions.

You might find Heather's Cheat Sheet of some value. It summaries the basics of the EFI diet into a single page. Another good thing to do is read the information on this site starting from this web page. Of course read Heather's book. They may be available at your local library.

Acacia can cause a bit of gas and bloating when you first start it. That is why Heather recommends increasing the dose slowly.

Please post your specific questions as they arise.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: still very confused.. new
      #356276 - 03/02/10 06:45 AM
wendydou

Reged: 05/15/08

Thanks Syl,
IBS-D, but have bouts of constipation too. I've been taking Acacia for about 4 months or so, maybe a little longer.. I was doing 1 T in the morning, 1T at night.. For the last 2 weeks, the gas has been disgusting (not painful though). Once I stopped the Acacia, it seems that the gas is pretty much gone now. I am also lactose intollerant and my GI dr has given up on me. He's my 5th dr... my stomach aches have definately improved.. not as painful and for the most part, not very long (as in hours or days).. I attribute that to the acacia..

wendy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1270

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review