All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
weight watchers
      #356144 - 02/25/10 05:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Does anyone have advice about WW and IBS? HUb and I are thinking of joining the online program. Is it too hard to eat their plan IBS safe?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: weight watchers new
      #356146 - 02/25/10 06:18 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I could not tolerate their meals and gave up on them after three days. Don't know for sure what bothered me so bad, but I hate taking my laptop into the bathroom for company.

I'm just going to stay with what I know is safe for me!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Edited by Double J (02/25/10 06:33 PM)

#356148 - 02/25/10 06:50 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I don't have any personal experience with weight watchers. I do have a friend that had sucess with the progam, but she did not have to worry with IBS issues. I did see her using the point system to figure out what foods to eat during the day and she lost quite a bit of weight. I wonder if you could follow the points system using IBS safe foods? Something to check into.

--------------------
Janey

#356154 - 02/25/10 10:27 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hmm. I have seen a lot of recipes on the board from WWs. I don't know how it works but it cold work if you don't have to buy actual meals.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#356165 - 02/26/10 07:40 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

You do have to modify it some, but it is do-able. I lost 30 lbs on WW before IBS and have kept it off through the worst of my IBS and through stability. Let me know if you have specific questions.

That 30s has been "missing" going on 8 years now. I don't plan on finding it back.

#356170 - 02/26/10 09:38 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

It is up to you what you eat, you don't have to buy anything specific. It's mostly a common sense program. I was with them for years before my IBS got bad and I did great, I lost 50 pounds. At the time I didn't need to make my food IBS safe, but if I had to, I could easily have done it.

#356225 - 02/28/10 11:14 AM
Janice2523

Reged: 04/03/09

I started the WW At Home Point Program in 2002 at 161 lbs (I am 44 now and 5'6"). I now weigh 103 which is too low. I honestly believe that I would not have IBS if it were not for following a diet program that encouraged eating a lot of raw vegetables which are considered 'low/no point' foods. I did not have IBS before WW (& eating the SAD diet) and I have it now. Sure, I am thin but I have spent the last 7 years babying my poor system and finding what to eat that doesn't cause C/D or an upset system. When I hear of programs that encourage eating 'a lot' of anything - protein, veggies, dairy I run the other way. The upside and the positive is that I did learn portion control and easily maintain my weight now using that tool alone (and I do workout - both before WW and now )

Good luck but go slow on the raw stuff if it causes tummy trouble !

Janice

#356240 - 03/01/10 09:37 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

I didn't eat raw anything even though they recommended it - I ate what I wanted, just smaller portions.

I think the "raw" fad is indeed harmful.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 875 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3109

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review