All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
pregnancy HELP!!!!!!
      #356138 - 02/25/10 02:31 PM
zuzanka23

Reged: 07/20/07
Loc: UK

hi, i am wondering, i am trying to get pregnant, it's been 9 months and still nothing. I have a big problem. I am quite underweight, i am only 7 stones and 5'5 tall. I have stopped eating wheat and dairy and eggs and my diet isnt exactly great. I dont know if thats got anything to do with the fact that i cannot get pregnant. Or can it be IBS that is making me not pregnant? Also i read that anti spasmodic medication stops women from ovulating. Is that true? I really want a baby but what if i cant get pregnant cos of this? can anyone please help me? whats the best thing to do? i know i should see the doctor but they are useless and dont help, just stare at me like i am stupid. I do get bad diarrhoea if i eat something bad, i take imodium often, so can that affect me? please i need your advice. Thank you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pregnancy HELP!!!!!! new
      #356140 - 02/25/10 04:50 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Have you been having regular periods?

#356143 - 02/25/10 05:27 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Would any of the following pertain to you or your partner?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/29/10-Ways-to-Address-Your-Root-Causes-of-Infertility--Naturally.aspx

#356155 - 02/25/10 10:34 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I seriously doubt it's the IBS or Imodium that is stopping you getting pregnant. However Imodium hasn't been proven as a safe drug during pregnancy so you may have to stop taking this during pregnancy. You can still take a fibre supplement and use Kaopectate.

Usually the standard is to try for a year before seeking medical help. If you really want to find out what the issue is I would urge you to see a doctor or even the practice nurse. I generally find them less intimidating.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#356169 - 02/26/10 09:05 AM

Unregistered

do you think someone who isn't a healthy weight should be pregnant,shouldnt u be healthy before u get pregnant?

#356178 - 02/26/10 11:54 AM
zuzanka23

yes i have regular periods, and yes i am trying to put weight on, but i have always been skinny, when i was 18 i weighted over 7 stones and then started taking contraceptive pill and put weight on, i stopped taking contraceptive pill 9 months ago and went back to 7 stones, so i think it might be my normal weight even tho i am trying to put a bit of weight on. thanks for all your advices, but do u think antispasmodic tablets could stop u from getting pregnant?

#356180 - 02/26/10 12:59 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi Zuzi, I don't see how the antispasmotic pills would keep you from getting pregnant. I understand you really want a baby but I heard that taking up to a year is normal for most couples.

Do you make sure you're intimate with your partner at the right time? Do you know when you ovulation is? And I don't mean going just by a calendar but by either taking your temperature or using ovulation tests. Knowing when exactly you ovulate would help you better understand your body. For example, is your luteal phase long enough? I remember reading that if the time between your ovulation and the onset of your period is shorter than 10 days, there may not be enough time for the egg to "take". Do you take any supplements? I drank lady's mantle tea when we were ttc, and I got pregnant during month two. I don't know if the tea helped but I guess it didn't hurt.

Maybe you're already doing all of these thing, I just wanted to make sure you knew about them.

Good luck, and try not to worry about it too much, you need to relax (I know, easy to say)

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#356182 - 02/26/10 03:10 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm not sure which antispasmodic you are taking, but Bentyl is safe to take during pregnancy - I took it myself. I also had terribly irregular periods and was slightly underweight. I would highly recommend using ovulation tests (email me privately if you want to know of a good website where you can buy them cheaply in bulk) to make sure you are actually ovulating. Become familiar with the ovulation symptoms.

Finally, RELAX. Easier said than done, I know. But stress hormones can inhibit implantation. Take a yoga class. Meditate. Whatever. And definitely gain weight. That's just a given. I had a hard time gaining weight when I was pg, you just have to learn to eat every couple of hours, and focus on healthy high calorie foods like avocados, nut butters, and adding healthy oils to your cooking. Saute your veggies in olive or canola oil, things like that.

It's not uncommon for it to take up to a year to get pg, especially if you are stressing about it. Can I ask how old you are?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#356203 - 02/27/10 05:16 PM
zuzanka23

hi yes of course you can ask how old i am. I will be 27 in may. I am looking on net to see what i can do to become pregnant, i am going to start taking some important vitamins because apparently they are good when you are trying to concieve (im talking about me obviously lol). I am trying to eat more i want to put weight on. I know about ovulation and you can send me the link if you dont mind, i would appreciate it, not sure if i will buy the tests but i can have a look. I sort of know when i am ovulation but not 100 percent. I am a bit worried that my ibs will become worse if i get pregnant tho and i wont be able to take imodium or anything else. but i guess having a baby outweights the problem. how come some people get better while pregnant and some get worse. i have a lot of mixed feelings but i would like a baby

#356204 - 02/27/10 05:18 PM
zuzanka23

hi i didnt know about that tea, where can i get it from? i am from the UK, thanks
i know about ovulation a bit

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 745 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11529

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review