All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Importance of eating regularly?
      #355163 - 02/02/10 05:10 AM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

I've had my IBS-D under pretty good control lately but last weekend I had an episode which really surprised me. The main thing I did differently that day was that i didn't eat until i was really, really hungry. Does anyone else find that allowing themselves to become very hungry makes them vulnerable to episodes? (note: for me, very very hungry happens about an hour after my body expected a regular meal)

The other thing I've noticed and can't explain is that I tend to burp a little bit when i have episodes. Its not uncomfortable, just odd.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Importance of eating regularly? new
      #355169 - 02/02/10 09:09 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Yes, I find this to be absolutely true! Missing a meal can send me into days (if not weeks) of misery.

Sometimes when I'm out shopping, it takes longer than expected to gather up things from the list and go through the checkout stand. Knowing this, I bring along a little soy or rice cheese and rice cakes in my car to nibble on between shopping stops.

I also think if we wait too long to eat a regular meal, we can be so hungry that we consume it too fast, which is another issue with IBS-D. We need to eat slowly and in a relaxed environment.

My best to you!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#355173 - 02/02/10 10:07 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Yes, yesterday I waited an hour longer than usual to eat lunch and I was in pain and bloated the rest of the day.

However, a few days ago I did the same thing but I felt fabulous all day. I'm thinking the difference was my mood. Yesterday was a very stressful day for me, whereas the day I felt fabulous I was just having fun making jewelry.

#355206 - 02/03/10 07:34 PM
askmom

Reged: 09/28/09

Yes, if I wait too long to eat, I have an episode also. Especially if it's the first meal of the day. This happens much less since I've been taking the 5 HTP, but it still will happen. I believe Heather actually addressed this in her book also. It's not within my reach but if I remember correctly she warns against waiting too long to eat because of this exact thing.

#355267 - 02/04/10 05:51 PM
Megan29

Reged: 02/22/09

That happens to me too. I try to much on something light every 2-3 hours so I don't end up with an empty stomach. That seems to help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1089 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2115

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review