All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
soy milk questions
      #354391 - 01/10/10 02:24 PM

Unregistered

I have silk light origional. IS causing me to release trapped gas or just causing more gas and bloating? it is weird I hardly went at all today.

is it making me feel more tired and crabby?

Edited by aperson (01/10/10 02:37 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soy milk questions new
      #354392 - 01/10/10 03:03 PM
linisue54

Reged: 08/30/08

I have problems with soy milk also. I stopped drinking it and now use either rice milk or almond milk. They dont bother me at all and you can get them in regular flavor or vanilla flavor.

#354396 - 01/10/10 11:40 PM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Soy milk made me feel lousy.

#354398 - 01/11/10 08:20 AM

Unregistered

thank you for your help. Maybe I shouldn't rule it out yet,or try drinking less of it. IT is hard to say if i've had a problem with it before or not because of my bad diet. I have been making diet changes and should give my body a chance to adjust. IT is a week or 2(sometimes its a week before the green pills or on the green pills) before my menstral also. Not all the bad food I've eaten will be out of my system for a while also. I have given up so many food and added strawberrues,blueberries,and blackberries (think are my fav.) I'd just hate to give up a food to find out I just need to drink less of it or add more IF or something like that. I'm eating bananas in smoothies with the berries. Today so far I've eaten pasta with tuna peas and some vegenaise all mixed up,think that is fine?

Edited by aperson (01/11/10 08:29 AM)

shaneric/think I have an answere about the clam chowder recipe new
      #354405 - 01/11/10 11:20 AM

Unregistered

also here is my other post,maybe u missed it,oh and please read the one right before this about my dietary changeds

"thank you for your help. There is so many things with my ibs right now,such as alot of dietary changes I'm making adding more foods now and trying new recipes,plus acacia. I'ts a week or 2 before my monthly.I strongly agree figuring everything out and doing everything right and getting the diet and food stuff for my personal needs down to a t,I will be alot better.

will u please answere about the Kolanticon Gel ? also should I get plain benefiber powder or the one with calcium and potatssium,don't know if it makes d worse?"

I do not know that I have a seafood allergy but that recipe just REALLY doesn't agree with me. IF it's a food allergy to the clam juice,then it's only digestive upset because no rash or throwing up..Last time I made heather's sweet corn and crab velvet soup I also felt more sick then. But I think maybe it has to do with that I used a diffrent brand of imitation crab meat and noticed sorbitol in the ingredients,which I hear is ibs unsafe. But I also don't remember if it was in the other brand I used or not..

Re: shaneric/think I have an answere about the clam chowder recipe new
      #354406 - 01/11/10 11:53 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i have been using Kolanticon Gel for 3 days and feeling bit better i think it was also cos my dads home and i have gone back on soya and having papaya fruit after tea is there a way i can send you some aperson i will do if i can

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#354407 - 01/11/10 12:06 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

aperson, don't do to many things at once, you won't know what works or doesn't work.

You can make yourself crazy also trying to figure out to much at once. Go slow one thing at a time.

You start the food and moods diary?

I can't answer about the fiber, fiber can be an individual thing to each person, some it upsets and some it helps and depends on the fiber. Heather has the best advise on the fiber. I can tell you fiber is important overall.

as for the food allergy, you really need to see a doctor. That should be the most important thing you do right now. Somehow figure out how to pay or be seen, there has to be a way, talk to your folks and look for free resources ect.. Maybe someone up there is doing an IBS study.

You can't self diagnose yourself with everything that could be wrong.

Its not just foods that set IBS off, so do hormones and anxiety and streesors and other factors. So you can't always blame food for a upset. It can be combinations of things as well, sometimes just the act of eating itself.

On the forums some people have had sucess with calcium and d. potatssium helps muslces and is a reason you take it so you don't get charlie horses or muslce cramps.

Those should be okay.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#354408 - 01/11/10 12:33 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i no now that its not just food over last few days cos i have spent it with my dads so nice and i never had one attack at all and now am at home alone am having pains bloating

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Re: shaneric/think I have an answere about the clam chowder recipe
      #354410 - 01/11/10 12:41 PM

Unregistered

how nice of you! I can give you my adress..I found a site that will ship to me..but the shipping is $15! that is more than the kolanticon gel. How can I send you money for it? do you have a paypal account?

Re: shaneric/think I have an answere about the clam chowder recipe
      #354411 - 01/11/10 01:19 PM

Unregistered

Well someone who knows alot about food allgeries told me today that It really sounds like a food intolerance

"To my knowledge, there is no at home allergy test you can take.

Gas and loose stool isn't a typical food allergy symptom, but does sound like an intolerance symptom. It is possible that you have an intolerance to clams/juice.

If you develop any other symptoms that are more severe, I would stop consuming the clam juice and get allergy tested to clams/shellfish."

I did some google searching and there would have been other signs,that it would just not have been digestive upset are, vomiting,rash,headache,trouble breathing.

ok I will put together a food diary, I will have colums for everday like mood,symptoms and other things will get back to you on that.

"Its not just foods that set IBS off, so do hormones and anxiety and streesors and other factors. So you can't always blame food for a upset. It can be combinations of things as well, sometimes just the act of eating itself."

food diary is a must right now because of so many things happening all at once and all the factors. I'm sure with time and being good at keeping track a pattern will be noticed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review