All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
shawneric..this also brings up.. new
      #354336 - 01/09/10 11:01 AM

Unregistered

ok my dad and our family friend absolutly refuse to not let me see a doctor,which they just told me I'm young and beutiful and don't need to keep sitting wasting my life away feeling this way.

I have absolutly no money,I already have a $300 dollar hospital bill I can't pay because I had my yearly woman appointment(only so they would refil my birth control pills) I pay my bc out of my own pocket. I have no insurance and cannot afford it.

They just won't believe me that I was starting to do good then something really set me back.My mom said "you say every food upsets you" I over do tend to over exagerate to them like walking like I'm cramping,and whine and cry,while it is really badn and uncomfortable I still exxagerate to my parents,probly so they are easier on me. I don't know why I do that. I swear all I do is complain and whine to them. It's one of my resolutions to stop that and say I'm doing ok or act like it so everyone stops worrying so bad and yells and is going to force me to a doctor.

Another thing..THe doctors In this town are so darn retarded I'm afraid they may do some kind of damage to me or just waste my time and money with their prescriptions that just make me worse anyway. I've heard so many terrible stories with doctors in this town,even with my own mom. ONe girl's grandma was having a heart attack and they told her to wait in the waiting room and she died. One girl kept bringing her newborn to the ER and they just told her it's acid reflux and kept sending her home. ONe day her baby turned grey and almost died because of pnemonia and she called up her personal doctor who forced them to take it seriously. My mom had terrible belly or pelvic pain for years until she stoped taking the hormone pills they gave her and she told them that and they told her "oh that's not what it was"

Edited by aperson (01/09/10 11:02 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Syl and Shawneric new
      #354337 - 01/09/10 11:13 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

The food might have upset you, but you can't also blame IBS symptoms acting up on foods, they contribute to flaes, but LOTs of things can contribute to flares, hormones, sleep, moods, all kinds of things. Even the weather.

One thing here Aperson, the symptoms cause anxiety, anxiety causes more symptoms. This is the IBS vicious cycle.

Do you think you have high anxiety?

Do you find foods not broken down often in your stools?

"especially the part I mention my right eye is watering and crying before I needed to go to the bathroom."

I can't tell ypu personally why that is happening. I can tell you less then a year ago, when I eat my nose runs some and I asked my doctor and there was some weird condition that causes it. I am not relly worried about it and it comes and goes. He told me some women he had every time she clean her ears with a cutip she vomitied. Ask your doctor about this and see what they say.

Lying on your left side can help relive gas and there are massage techniques for this you can try and a positition to get into you can try to help relive gas. IBS can flare for a while and then settle for a while, wax and wane and it sounds like you in a bad cycle at the moment, but hopefully it will pass soon. There are a lot of variables to IBS, our moods, hormones, what and how often we eat, the fight or flight responce and others.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#354338 - 01/09/10 11:22 AM

Unregistered

you've never had your eyes water when you had a strong urge to go? Well both times I had the clam chowder I had problems.

No I do not find alot of food not broken down. I've seen some things like carrots. I don't know,let me watch and see I can't really remember. I will start keeping a food diary starting tommorow. I think I get a little anxiety,I mostly jsut sit and relax,drink tea and eat and I'm in the toilet a lot. I'm only in there for about 2 minuts to maybe 5 at a time. I will start paying more attention to any anxiety and write down what caused it and everything.

I've tryed all the layiing down and diffrent poses. I get alot of crazy loud noises and feelings of things moving..but The only real relief I have gotten is pushin under each side of my rib cage and otehr areas to get gas relief.

#354339 - 01/09/10 11:27 AM
shawneric

Try to go to the bathroom as much as you can at certain times of the day. This should also resolve somewhat on its own.

First on the oxygen issue. Giving cells moreoxygen is how cells die to begin with, they use oxygen for sure, no question, but its oxygen that eventually is why we die and cells age. I personally wouldn't do that, you can get your oxygen levels checked at a doctor very easily.

Parasites are found in 0 to 2% of IBSers, but parisites are not the cause of IBS. Pathogens/parasites cause specific symptoms. IBS causes symptoms parasites don't cause. This also depends on if you have pets, live near the tropics, cleanliness and water. I am a chef and now a lot about food bourne parasites as well as you to help work with a vet and some about animal parasites.

There is also a "real" stool test that can show if there is inflammation in the digestive tract. Its also important here, that inflammation cannot be a diagnostic marker for IBS, because it doesn't always cause pain. But this is a simple stool test that gi doctors can do.

So you know also, candida, helps fight pathogens in the gut, killing it can open you up to other organisms. That may contribute to more gas.

"black walnut hull, wormwood, and cloves"

Your taking these for what reason?

If your taking them to kill gut organsism then that could be your altering your gut bacteria and causing more gas somehow. It might be better to take JUST probiotics that crowd out bad bacteria.

Most enzymes are a waste of money.

You should perhaps get the colonoscopy and the pelvic floor testing done.

Did a regular gi diagnose you with IBS? If so how long ago?

--------------------

Re: shawneric..this also brings up.. new
      #354340 - 01/09/10 11:35 AM
shawneric

I think it would be good to see a doctor and at leaset have blood and stool work done.

You will always here bad doctor stories usally over good ones. There are good and bad doctors out there.

Is it a city you live in? Some areas have free IBS esting and trials, not just meds, but all kinds and you can also quite after they test you if you need too. This is why we need real healthcare reform in the country, but that is another issue.

Can you family help you see a doctor.

keep the diary and track foods and anxiety. I can tell your anxiety is kindof high. There are lots of easy ways to try to help with that aspect.

Your "exagerating" your symptoms to them is not uncommon in IBS either so you know. Its not a good thing, but many IBSers do it. That is something to work on, because your exagerating them reinforces them in your own mind as well.

--------------------

#354341 - 01/09/10 11:48 AM

Unregistered

No, a very intelligent guy I know said that this state is known for the worst doctors..I live in north dakota..I will post my town in an email..THis town is not very big. I have had blood work done. It was normal. All the terrible stories in this town, is true. I also heard every doctor and the hospital is under lawsuit here. SO many complaits about the doctors in the hospital here aren't througouh enough or they keep pushing pills. As my mom has found out this is true. They had her on 12 unnecessary pills at once,she felt better after she was off them. She has found out many times first hand you get the run around so bad here. Also,well I could ask her the specific's,but one time she was like ok this doesn't make sense to get refered to this doctor because he knows nothingn about this and found out later she was refferd because it was one of their "kickbacks" and they make money for sendng ppl to that reference.

I can barly make it to a 4pm haircut appointment so I can only make an appointment in this town on one of my days off work at MAYBE 3 or 4pm..most likely would have to cancel the 3pm..unless my ibs gets better with diet and no NO NO foods. I won't even consider going until I have my tax return money,something to lean on,and I will be very well prepared for my appointment I will write downn all my symptoms all my supplements/even bring a post about canida if they say I need to get tested for that,all the possible run arounds or un necessary costs. IF i was to write a list such as pelvic floor exam,and the others u mentioned can't gurantee their going to do this or take me seriously. I don't want appointment after apointmetn to get all this done either

I need to take a break from the boards today I'm very stressed now and was almost in tears writing the post about my dad and friend refusing to not let me see a doctor or I'm beutiful and they refuse to let me sit and waste my life away. I almost cried.

#354342 - 01/09/10 12:54 PM
shawneric

aperson, take a break and try to think of other nice things.

I will contact some people and see what I can find out.

No one should tell you not to see a doctor.

Don't stress right now about apponitments and all that, that is called antisipatory anxiety, fear before things actually happen.

Anticipatory Anxiety

http://panicdisorder.about.com/od/symptoms/a/anticianxiety.htm

Hang in there and keep the faith, but today try to relax take it easy and do things you really enjoy.

--------------------

no they said I had to new
      #354343 - 01/09/10 12:57 PM

Unregistered

said I must they refuse to not let me not go..I emailed u will read your replies later..1.5 hour until I get ready for work and im just terrible.

Re: no they said I had to new
      #354344 - 01/09/10 01:00 PM
shawneric

got it, just try to relax and feel better.

You want to find an internal medicince doctor and I will ask abosut some there.

Try to focus on good thoughts and get your mind off all this and I hope your day gets better.

I will help you out as much as I can.

--------------------

Re: no they said I had to new
      #354346 - 01/09/10 01:29 PM

Unregistered

who will you ask? u can find it online...can u ask other ibs experts if they reccomend someone from this town?

only 1 internal doctor in this town,will send u the link to him in email.

Edited by aperson (01/09/10 01:37 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20058

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review