All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: why does it do this to me new
      #352784 - 11/27/09 12:45 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

At first I felt very deprived with IBS and wondered if I would ever like eating again. But then I decided to find things I love within the boundaries of the EFI diet. As one person mentioned, potatoes have become a staple in my diet especially with the chicken broth and I use a butter alternative, veggie parmesan cheese etc. I also like stuffing. I make it with chicken broth and then use some white meat chicken shredded in it. Also rice. I can tolerate green beans if I am eating those other things as well as cooked carrots. I also made a bread pudding today. My first time having it was at Thanksgiving yesterday. I loved it so I came home and made my IBS friendly version. Anxiety flares up my IBS so I have started taking lexapro and I also use the bach flower remedies (rescue remedy). I also do yoga or my walking tapes. I try to stay active. We did turkey bowling yesterday after lunch. It was a lot of fun. If you are cramping really bad put a heating pad on your tummy. I have the hot/cold packs I ordered from here. I enjoy them. Don't focus on the negative. If you start feeling negative, do something that makes you feel good. Bubble bath, read a good book, do an exercise tape, watch a good movie. Anything that will take your focus away from the negative.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: why does it do this to me new
      #352785 - 11/27/09 01:47 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

My wife has a similar skin problem. She puts small amounts of avocado or plain yogurt on her face and leaves it on for 10 mins. She does this twice a week or so and finds it is quite effective. You might give it a try

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Potatoes! new
      #352787 - 11/27/09 02:37 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Julie, in reading your post, you have an eating disorder too? That must be tough along with the IBS. Do you have the anorexia under control and are you seeing a therapist for this? Just wondering.

#352854 - 11/29/09 08:41 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i there yes i have anorexia i have don't since i was 17 an 29 now i still suffer a bit but more under control i find it so hard having both ibs and a ed cos there is so much food i want to eat to help ibs but cant cos i fear them i have rosacea now and i have osteoporosis i feel a mess i only talk to by GP about my eat thank you caring

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#352859 - 11/29/09 12:22 PM
Gerikat

I have rosacea too. I, too have osteopenia, and I am only 30, soon to be 31. Although I don't have an eating disorder, I do share some of this with you.

Are you treating the rosacea, or leaving it be?

#352869 - 11/30/09 11:50 AM
julieb123

i have a cream called azelaic and a tablets called aknemin but not sure if the pill will upset my tummy i have a big red nose i dont get the spot well not yet what do you use to help

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#352870 - 11/30/09 02:56 PM
Gerikat

Oh Julie, I am sure your nose does not look as bad as you imagine it to look. Sometimes we see ourselves in such a harsh light, when others don't see what we see.

Trust me, when I tell you I have been the entire route with rosacea, and I have done my research. I have had creams, lotions, potions, meds, etc. Nothing helped and it only made my condition worse. One day, I just said, "ENOUGH". My face does not have the pimples, pustules, or papules, as is indicative of advanced rosacea, and I have had it for years. My biggest beef is I have ocular rosacea, which is just a big pain. My eyes hurt all the time.

My face is just pink, until I get overheated or hit a trigger and then it looks like a severe sunburn, and hurts like hell. It gets tight and stings and burns.

So, what I have found that works best for me is "nothing". Yep, you heard me right. Once I stopped all the crap the doctor gave me, my face looks/feels much better. I wash it in lukewarm water, with a gentle product, and use a light moisturizer. I avoid extreme heat, wind, extreme cold, stress (as much as possible), any extreme of emotions, flushing/blushing, spicy food, anything that exacerbates my symptoms. You know, kind of like IBS.

I have my skin looking pretty good right now. So, that's what works for me.

#352881 - 12/01/09 09:27 AM
julieb123

you are so strong i wish i was like you i really do
i did nil for a while i just used a brand called simple on my skin but its red pink all the time i guess more in winter so am having a bad time right now i no that when i used to eat figs ALl the time for my constipation that made it bad

i hope we stay friends nice geting to no you julie xxxxx

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

I'm concerned new
      #352884 - 12/01/09 10:53 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Julie, are you getting help from a therapist? An eating disorder and IBS are a lot to deal with at once, especially as they are so interrelated. I also struggled with anorexia and then bulimia for years, as well as the IBS. It is a very tricky web to escape, since you can't just follow the usual advice for EDs about learning to eating "normally" again. I really, really, REALLY hope you are getting professional help. It's just too much for one person to deal with one their own.
I also hope that you can lose your fear of foods like potatoes. First of all, I eat potatoes/beets/yams/parsnips/squash every day and, to be honest, I am still underweight. Not that underweight should be a goal! In fact I'd really like to gain some since winter is coming and I am getting COLD. But it's hard when eating causes so much discomfort.
Hang in there!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Re: I'm concerned new
      #352886 - 12/01/09 11:11 AM
julieb123

thank you for you concern means alot to me i am under weight but ther fear of gaining apound kills me
i have had a bad day today and to make things worse just ate beans i no that they kill tummy am scare me to i have to stay i low weight its my control and and haveing a bm each day if i dont then i cant face food at all
i want to cant cos i have belly sweeling up so much
i dont see any one over my ed any more stoped that few years back when i came out of my 3rd hospital but am doing ok honest i do like squash love it dont no if it likes me i have yellow fish each day i always have breakfast cornfalkes and rasberriys and goats milk
are you stable now with you ed

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2393 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12682

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review