All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
do you ever feel
      #352414 - 11/18/09 12:44 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

my dads just sad to may be you worry so much what you are eating thats you stress ya self and make your self worse you think thats true? i try to make my self well thats all and have a normal life
do any one else find there days are all about ibs

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: do you ever feel new
      #352426 - 11/18/09 04:07 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Julie,

There are quite a few of us that suffer from anxiety in relation to our IBS. It is very easy to get caught up in your daily diet and IBS worries. Sometimes I find that if my belly is feeling a little weird and I get my mind off of it I will forget for a short while and start to feel better.

Do you have any hobbies or interests? If you do maybe you could get involved in whatever it is and get your mind off of your IBS. Do you think it would help to plan your meals ahead of time and then you wouldn't have to think about what you were going to eat at each meal?

I am sorry that you are going through so much pain and anxiety and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
Janey

#352428 - 11/18/09 04:50 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hey sweet Julie, I see you are still hanging around. I very seldom stop in anymore. My IBS is pretty much non-existent, so I have no need.

Have you tried the hypnosis tapes? They are a wonderful means of helping with the anxiety.

Find something that takes your mind off of the IBS. Reprogram that brain!

#352442 - 11/19/09 10:19 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

thank you for you kind words

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#352447 - 11/19/09 01:05 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

I just read something about this, but now can't find it yet, about how others try to be helpful, but that can cause anxiety and stress as well. However worrying to much about what to eat all the time and exactly what is in every single food that could cause an upset is a stressor and something to keep in mind.

So even though he made the comment it was probably because he noticed it and was trying to help as best he could.

There are people who develop food phobia along with the IBS.

What are you doing besides diet to help manage your IBS?

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#352469 - 11/19/09 04:00 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi Julie - I had this all the time - the IBS causes you to think and worry about IBS, which in turn gives you more IBS - a never ending cycle - worry about the symptoms and when they will show up next is a big part of the condition - it is the mind-body connection.

Lynn just posted her success story here:

(Many thanks, Lynn!)
http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=352450&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=

You may want to consider the IBS Audio Program - in it, is a CD called the IBS Companion which explains IBS to others - and all the things you are going thru - the very things your dad mentions is addressed and worked on in this program. Actually, the hypnotherapist of this program is in Warrington, not far from you in Liverpool -

I really know how you feel - I have had IBS since 1983 - really severe - like I could not leave the house - and after doing this program I am so much better - and that was in 2000 - that is a long time for people to be helped - so there is hope! Dont despair!

Hang in there and take care - feel free to ask any questions - happy to help!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#352473 - 11/19/09 04:47 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

I just recently was officially diagnosed with my IBS. At first I had no clue as to what to eat and all. I would come on here everyday a few times to try to get information. This site is very helpful especially when you feel no one else understands what is going on. It's difficult to explain to others what is going on. But then I decided that I needed to not focus all my energy onto the IBS because sometimes it feels overwhelming. So one thing I like to do as a hobby is cook. Well that can be difficult when you have IBS so lately I have been experimenting with my recipes and trying to rethink how I prepare them. I don't want to be denied the foods I love, so I am finding new ways to prepare them with the foods I can eat. Today I had a pumpkin pie milkshake (soy)! ) So its sorta like turning a negative into a positive and keeps me from spending all my time on here thinking about IBS directly. I also went shopping with my aunt today. Yesterday was a bad IBS day and today I had no issues at all. You do have to make sure you have a balance in your day or you will be thinking about IBS all the time. Now that people know I have IBS, I try not to talk about it so much because I am sure they get tired of hearing about it. Thats why you have us and you can always talk to us about it and we will not ignore you and we can understand exactly what you are going through. Don't feel bad.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2825

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review