All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What do YOU have for a snack? Need a change!
      #352181 - 11/16/09 07:20 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi everyone what do you have for a snack? I am so tired of bread and pretzels. Is there anything new. I either have bread or animal crackers or fruit for snacks. I need a change I am burned out on these. I have checked the snack page and if you can't have hfcs its very hard to find something anyone with any advice would be great thanks!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What do YOU have for a snack? Need a change! new
      #352183 - 11/16/09 07:43 AM

Unregistered

how about some pepermint altoids,the ones that say 100% all natural in the red and white tin..Would someone look at the ingredients in junior mints,and mentos? I think they are safe..Also how about those bob's mints from wal mart,the round soft ones? or is the redcoloring unsafe?

So now I have some questions..I've seen some ibs recipes on this board with added food coloring and others talk about eating candy canes,jolly ranchers(which I wouldn't eat becaue of artificail flavors),and some other things..If there are no artificail flavors is the artificail color a problem,like in candy canes or if u used colored sugar?

#352184 - 11/16/09 07:57 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Have you tried Kettle low fat, low salt baked potato chips?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#352185 - 11/16/09 09:00 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I often eat slices of either homemade banana bread or zucchini bread. After I bake these, I preslice them and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, so I can grab a slice or two at a time and I quickly defrost them in the toaster often, takes about 1-2 minutes. Yummy!

I also often eat bowls of cereal with rice milk for a snack. Kix, cornflakes, rice chex, honeycombs, and other cereals I find at whole foods. Dry cereal in a baggy works well too.

Syl's suggestion for baked potato chips is a good one. I love those baked Kettle chips! I also love baked tortilla chips as a snack.

#352433 - 11/18/09 08:44 PM
askmom

Reged: 09/28/09

My favorite snack right now is a piece of sourdough bread toasted or plain and pumpkin butter. Pumpkin butter is my food obsession right now. Like apple butter but with pumpkin.

Also hooked on gingersnaps right now and soy ice cream. I haven't been able to eat ice cream for over 10 years then I finally found the soy ice cream. And the kicker is that it is SO yummy!

For a salty snack Baked Tostitos, Baked Lays or a small bowl of rice with some low sodium soy sauce. You'll never miss the extra sodium. We have a lot of chinese so it was a necessity for me to switch my family to the low sodium soy sauce.

#352434 - 11/19/09 04:30 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Single-serve containers of apple sauce, carrot sticks, Lorna Doone 100 calorie packs, canned pears or peaches, banana, plain Pringles...those are my usuals.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 943 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review