All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
For Gerikat... new
      #352267 - 11/16/09 05:36 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

One can avoid someone else forever, yet the answer is to ask them for respect and insist on it. It is not at all respectful for someone to keep responding to another's posts with technical information when they have been asked not to. This goes for anything in life.

This is all about personal BOUNDARIES! If not respected, then the other party is into CONTROL by persisting in what they have been asked not to do. That's when it is time to STONEWALL them, or go elsewhere for support.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

For Gerikat... new
      #352268 - 11/16/09 05:40 PM
Windchimes

YEP, I feel better today than I have in more than a week! Haven't eaten a darned thing today, cleansing my system with water only. I've gotten a lot off of my chest too!

Frygurl has my direct email address and I've given her permission to give it to you.

Take care!

--------------------

Re: For Shawneric new
      #352269 - 11/16/09 05:43 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Funny what your saying here is not what you did in your intial post by saying research studies are worthless and doctors are no help?

That is not just talking about diet and practical help.

I didn't see you ask me not to respond to your posts, but won't repond to you directly anymore.

I wasn't lecturing you at all, I was pointing out flaws in your posts however. It does not hurt my feelings. In fact I was trying to help you and all people with IBS.

basic information

Living with IBS

http://www.iamibs.org/site/living-with-ibs

Facts About IBS

http://www.aboutibs.org/site/about-ibs/facts-about-ibs

Sorry if the accurate information did not help you and bothered you instead.

While you do that I am actively promoting IBS awareness and helping IBSers and IBS research, so I am actually working for you.

However, what you wrote in the intial post had some good and some bad information to IBSers and then I will speak out.

To tell IBSers doctors and studies are worthless, especially when you don't want to bother with them personally is bad IBS information.

I will respect not posting directly to you.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: For Gerikat... new
      #352270 - 11/16/09 05:44 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yes, I agree. I said something along those lines in another post. But, it seems it isn't going that way. I was trying to decrease your stress somewhat.

#352272 - 11/16/09 05:48 PM
Gerikat

Shawn, you are a wealth of knowledge and I respect you for that. You seem to have studied IBS thoroughly. But, I would like to just see one post from you without a link. Just chat with us one on one, human to human, without one link in your post. Could you do that, just one time?

#352273 - 11/16/09 05:54 PM
Windchimes

I never had anything but the experience that doctors are of no help with IBS, and reading research studies do not help one get over a major flare of IBS.

Frankly, I do not need someone like you to point out 'flaws' in my posts. I never invited you to be my editor nor my personal keeper, seeking out my flaws. To invite yourself to do such is a very CONTROLLING attitude on your part.

Please avoid the temptation to respond to my posts as previously requested. I would very much appreciate this. Be respectful and respond to those who can ID with you and benefit from your information.

--------------------

Gerikat - Human Compassion new
      #352276 - 11/16/09 06:06 PM
Windchimes

Gerikat... What you are saying here is that some of us simply need 'Human Compassion' expressed, absent all of that temporal textbook stuff.

--------------------

#352278 - 11/16/09 06:15 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

I am going to say again, telling IBSers that doctors are no help and research on IBS is of no help is flawed. There is evidence based medicine for IBS. The majority of IBSers can be helped, it takes time and education. This is not controlling its a fact. It maybe your personal experiences, perhaps because you haven't taken the time to understand the reasons. You personally may mistrust your doctor or doctors or don't agree with them or how they have treated you personally or they have not been helpful to you personally, or your personal doctors are not up to date on modern IBS research, or your not working with them, who knows, but the blanket statement is flawed. This is not helpful to IBSers.

I haven't been rude to anyone, in fact I am trying to help but am getting attacked and comments directed at me for supplying accurate information, which I then have explained from reliable resources. Although some of it has been long which I understand, I try to be thorough with it and on topic. Funny out of all that I did supply, not one comment on the importance of any of it.

Why not try posting about how important a good doctor pateint relatioship is in regards to IBS? Do you know why its important and how you can make the relationship better?

Try addressing why you feel doctors are of no help and I will let the researchers know to cancel all IBS research, because its not helping you personally?

I won't respond to you again.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Shawneric you just won't give up and show respect! nt new
      #352279 - 11/16/09 06:19 PM
Windchimes

--------------------

Attn Heather! new
      #352280 - 11/16/09 06:24 PM
Gerikat

I think it is time for Heather to lock this thread. It is going on way too long and getting pretty mean-spirited, with many getting their feelings hurt. It's time to end it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2542 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 66919

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review