All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rest. suggestions for vacation trip?
      #351999 - 11/11/09 10:31 AM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

I am going to the gulf and so naturally we will be eating out. What should I order at the rest? Grilled seafood with minimal add ons? I've already packed some "safe" foods but I'd sure hate to go to a rest and never get to order anything.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rest. suggestions for vacation trip? new
      #352000 - 11/11/09 10:40 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

One of the biggest challenges I have at restaurants is making sure there is no dairy in my food. They add butter and cheese to just about everything. So whatever you order, make sure you say you cannot eat dairy, so absolutely no butter, no milk, no cheese.

Your safest bets are grilled lean proteins such as white fish, shrimp, or chicken breast. Plain white rice, plain baked potato, plain pasta, fresh sourdough or french bread. If they have veggies you can tolerate, you could order those. I look for carrots, green beans and peas, but those are good for me. Again, no butter or oil! Some pizza places you can order a pizza with no cheese, but make sure to ask if there is cheese in the sauce or other dairy in the dough. I like mushrooms and grilled chicken breast on my pizza. For breakfast, order scrambled egg whites or egg beaters (not cooked in butter!) and dry toast. You can add jam to the toast.

Have a fun trip!!

Re: Rest. suggestions for vacation trip? new
      #352066 - 11/12/09 10:29 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Grilled fish - when you order let them know that you would like the least amount of oil possible when grilled and no added sauces. You are the customer.

I would be interested in what places you dined and how they treat you. I would like to vist the gulf some day.

Keep some french or sourdough bread handy for a snack before you set down to eat. Eat slow and don't stuff yourself. Enjoy!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2351 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review